Hello from California!

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
KillerKoi
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1986 Suzuki Intruder 700

Hello from California!

Post by KillerKoi »

Hey everybody!
I'm a youngster (24) who just bought his first motorcycle about a month ago! My bike is a clean titled 1986 Intruder 700 that I bought as an impulse project. I was over at a friend's house (who's a member of this forum) to check out some car rims that he was selling. I saw this Imageand couldn't help but ask about it. He said he was going to restore it for his girlfriend to ride. I told him I was interested in one of his Intruders and to call me if he wanted to let one go. A few days later he told me he decided that he'd like to see me get into riding and he already has a running Intruder that his girlfriend can ride. We negotiated a price and then set to work on rebuilding the bike. After a few weeks of waiting for parts to rebuild the carbs Image we got them together.
Here's the bike after we got it back together/changed all the fluids/new battery/etc.

So the bike is ready and I'm ready to learn how to ride. I daily drive a 6 speed rally car so I didn't think it would be too hard to pick up. Boy, it certainly wasn't quite as easy as I expected. My first attempt to get out of his driveway ended up with me flying the bike across the street and taking it down in his neighbors driveway. Got up and got the bike upright. Tried a second time and got out of the driveway ok! After that nervous first ride I was hooked.
I've managed to put about 750 miles onto my bike since then. I'm thoroughly enjoying it and am excited about all my future adventures! (P.S. I know I blew a fork seal, I have a second set that I'm getting all shiny and nice before I pull those forks off and rebuild them.)
Here's a snap of the bike from today!

My plans for the bike are to leave it mostly stock but I would like to put an S50 seat on it/sissy bar delete when I can find one for the right price.

I would love hearing about any quirkier first rides if anyone cares to share!

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Hello from California!

Post by navigator »

Welcome, :cheers: and please take a Motorcycle Safety Course.
You will learn clutch control, friction zone, and so much more.

KillerKoi
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1986 Suzuki Intruder 700

Post by KillerKoi »

Absolutely! I'm signed up for one that takes place at the end of this month. It was the soonest I could get in my area.

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

WELCOME TO THE BOARD

Ride Safe and Post Often [emoji106]

Bike insurance is cheaper in some states with the MSF certificate
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.