New Guy from NYC

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
Baysideintruder
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 1992 VS 800

New Guy from NYC

Post by Baysideintruder »

Hello fellow Intruder enthusiasts. I am Charlie. I have a 1992 VS800 Jamaican Metallic blue. It was given to me after sitting for 22 years with only 1000 mi on it. This is my first bike at 50 yrs old. I got it running last year and also passed my "M" road test. I have since put 5K on it crusing with my local buddies, going on a bunch of charity rides and a four day trip to the Tail of the Dragon.
I was a member on the purple for a short time before the collapse. I was not a big poster. Mostly a lurker.
Shout out to Bronx for letting me know this board was started. I was sad after the collapse.
Hats off to this board!! Awesome job here! I love the info and banter here. (been lurking for months)
Thank you all that contribute to this :bow:

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Re: New Guy from NYC

Post by FallenAngel »

Welcome aboard

I always look forward to Marks posts

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

Welcome.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Welcome [emoji106] .Have had lots of old bikes and around 15 new ones.The old ones can still be really good.Big thing is so much better if they were started every month or so and even better if rode a little.Got two over the years that had sat five years or more with out even a start up.One after a carb clean ,new battery,and most time of all clean the front brake more than once before right.Put over 52,000 more mile on it after that and ran like new when sold.The other one just never was that close to real good.All the rubber parts need to be looked at close often.Good luck,and hope you put lots of fun miles on it.Post often and join in on the bar fights.Some cops here but they are more Mayberry type and no real power on here! :cheers:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Welcome to the board

Throw your hat in the corner and stay a little longer [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"