Shrimp

That's right. Ya'll gotta have some good home cookin', right?
Post your favorite stuff here. Show pics if ya wanna!
navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Shrimp

Post by navigator »

Cleaned and deveined, Use the big Jumbo ones.
Place a one inch chunk of pineapple in the curve, wrap with bacon...stab with a toothpick.
Add to the hot pan and cook 3 minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp and shrimp are opaque and firm.

Notes:
Tabasco, you may add tabasco.
Suzuki Johnny, you may substitute prawns.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: Shrimp

Post by YoDude »

Intrestin'

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

navigator wrote:Cleaned and deveined, Use the big Jumbo ones.
Place a one inch chunk of pineapple in the curve, wrap with bacon...stab with a toothpick.
Add to the hot pan and cook 3 minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp and shrimp are opaque and firm.

Notes:
Tabasco, you may add tabasco.
Suzuki Johnny, you may substitute prawns.
I gotta try this.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Hmmm I have 6 lbs of enormous wild-caught Argentine red shrimp. I've been thinking a way to do them. I had these once bacon-wrapped with cherry glaze grilled on skewers...I think I can work the pineapple in there too... :bow: [emoji106]

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Yup the pineapple makes for sweet and savory, you won't be disappointed.
I brought a batch to a new years party last year, mostly bikers, I knew maybe half of the crowd.
This big dudes asking 'who brought these shrimp?' then comes over to me and says...if I were you, I'd get your ass home and make another batch of them, right now! :lmao: :rag:

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Post by KAJUN »

We prepare them with the same ingredients except we pre cook the bacon until they are soft and turning brown but still pliable enough to wrap around the shrimp...

Shrimp ( 16 count...16 shrimp make up one total pound ) even large shrimp like you're suggesting do not take very long to cook...they are mainly water, so as soon as the water content is gone they dry up and become like chewing rubber [emoji2]
We put them seasoned on a bbq grille with a really hot fire...one minute on each side and serve with baked acorn squash ( fill the middle with honey and butter)
and plenty of margaritas [emoji106]

ps: we prepare raw oysters the same way...cleaned and put them on a bbq grille with the same really hot fire.....when the oysters open up to take a peek on what's going on ( the poor devils think it turned summer time ) serve them with the same baked acorn squash
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.