Crawfish Dumplings

That's right. Ya'll gotta have some good home cookin', right?
Post your favorite stuff here. Show pics if ya wanna!
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Crawfish Dumplings

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

DUMPLING INGREDIENTS:

6 oz. cooked, cleaned crawfish tail meat (the rest of the 12-oz. package goes in the sauce)
4 T. butter, unsalted
2 oz. celery, chopped
2 oz. green bell pepper, chopped
2 oz. yellow onion, chopped
½ cup. green onion, chopped
1/3 cup. parsley, chopped (3 more T. needed for the sauce, so go on and chop 1/2 c. total ;) )
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. my Seafood Spice Blend

SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
4 T. unsalted butter, melted
6 oz. remaining crawfish
½ cup. wine
1 T. lemon juice
3 T. parsley, chopped
½ cup. heavy cream
½ cup. water
1 small clove garlic, minced
Dash each salt and black pepper

DIRECTIONS: Chop all the vegetables up. Melt 4 T. butter over high heat and add the celery, bell pepper, onion and minced garlic. Saute until they are tender. Add 6 oz. of the crawfish, the parsley, and seafood spice mix. Lower heat and let simmer 2-3 minutes for flavors to blend. Turn off heat.

Bring a large stew pot of water to a boil. While it is heating, make up a double recipe of my glucomannan dumpling batter and add the veggie crawfish mixture to the egg/water mixture and stir well. Stir the dry ingredients in and mix with a rubber spatula until it begins to thicken up. Keep turning the dough until it is stiff enough to roll. Roll 24 1″ dumpling in your palms and set on a sheet of silicone (best) or a baking sheet. When all 24 are formed, your water should be at a rolling boil. Drop all 24 dumplings gently into the water, cover and cook for exactly 10 minutes without lifting the lid.

Make the sauce while the dumplings are cooking. Melt 4 T. butter over medium heat in a skillet. Add the remaining 6 oz. crawfish, garlic, wine, lemon juice parsley and simmer long enough to cook the garlic well. Add the cream and salt and pepper to taste.

When dumplings have cooked 10 minutes, lift lid and using a slotted spoon or tongs, gently lift onto a serving platter and spoon the sauce around them. I served with steamed, buttered broccoli, but they would be good with a nice green salad and low-carb dinner rolls.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 6 servings of 4 dumplings each and ¼ cup. sauce.
Each contains:
258 calories
20.4 g fat
10.55 g carbs, 5.96 g fiber, 4.59 g NET CARBS
13.25 g protein
481 g sodium

You can substitute the crawfish with shrimp or white crab meat using the same amounts for the shrimp but you will have to double the amount of crab meat.
Just remember that shrimp will make more sauce when fully cooked..
Cajun food prepared correctly will be spicy and not peppery hot...there is a misconception about Cajun food that it be peppery and should bite the tongue....Not true....it should taste spicy to the palate....
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: Crawfish Dumplings

Post by YoDude »

My experience with Cajun food is that it's very flavorful and rich. Hot if you like it that way.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.