Easy Pulled Pork

That's right. Ya'll gotta have some good home cookin', right?
Post your favorite stuff here. Show pics if ya wanna!
sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Easy Pulled Pork

Post by sgtcall »

I will start this out by saying I don't cook. I don't cook at all, not even on a grill. It just is not fun for me so I avoid it.

That said, this is not really cooking but it works and would be great idea for any night but even better for a party or anytime you want to take something to a potluck.

You need a crock pot and two forks.

Get a pork roast, butt, or tenderloin your choice and it just needs to fit in the crock pot. So any size.

Stick it in the pot and pour a can of Coke or Ginger Ale over it. No need to cover it just pour in one can.

Put it on high and leave it. For me a 2 pound roast takes about 4 hours.

When it is cooked through dump the coke and pull it apart with the forks. Then add your favorite barbecue sauce to taste.

Eat.

I may try this with beer instead of coke but have to decide what beer would be best I am thinking something heavy like a stout would be good.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Easy Pulled Pork

Post by Designer »

SgtCall,....I read your recipe,..........and mulled it over....and yes,...it would render a tasty meal! :ShitGrinandThumb:

But,...Ya Know,...if'n you wuz ta Be My Neighbor.....you'd be over here,...and,....EATING GRAND! :clap: :cheers:

Kinda cuz,..I LOVE to Grill! :space; Do it ALL year long. :wink: .....rain,...sleet,...snow,...nothing stops the Good Eatin' 'around these parts. :rock: .

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

sgtcall wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:22 pm

I may try this with beer instead of coke but have to decide what beer would be best I am thinking something heavy like a stout would be good.
Stout goes really well with beef - I would think maybe an IPA or a fruity Pale Ale would be nice with pork?

You got me interested now talking about cooking with beer :cheers:

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Designer wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:08 pm
SgtCall,....I read your recipe,..........and mulled it over....and yes,...it would render a tasty meal! :ShitGrinandThumb:

But,...Ya Know,...if'n you wuz ta Be My Neighbor.....you'd be over here,...and,....EATING GRAND! :clap: :cheers:

Kinda cuz,..I LOVE to Grill! :space; Do it ALL year long. :wink: .....rain,...sleet,...snow,...nothing stops the Good Eatin' 'around these parts. :rock: .
Next time I am in Chi town you are on.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:26 pm
sgtcall wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:22 pm

Stout goes really well with beef - I would think maybe an IPA or a fruity Pale Ale would be nice with pork?

You got me interested now talking about cooking with beer :cheers:
You may be right.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Or a cider if you don't mind them. Apple and pork is a traditional mix.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:47 pm
But then I would have to send my daughter in to buy the cider. It's either that or turn in my man card.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

sgtcall wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:35 pm
hillsy v2 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:47 pm
But then I would have to send my daughter in to buy the cider. It's either that or turn in my man card.
Good call :lmao:

Willson
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: Kawasaki

Post by Willson »

I can't relate haha! I enjoy cooking especially steaks on a grill... yeah it's a lovely idea to try beer with it! Cheers!

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Willson wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:08 am
I can't relate haha! I enjoy cooking especially steaks on a grill... yeah it's a lovely idea to try beer with it! Cheers!
Me Too! :cheers: :space: I grill ALL year long. :space: The food is just TOO GOOD to not have: :rock:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12228&start=998

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!