English shit

That's right. Ya'll gotta have some good home cookin', right?
Post your favorite stuff here. Show pics if ya wanna!
Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

English shit

Post by Fred »

Is this thread dead .

Im as English as they come , indiginous white male from the North of England . Not a professional chef by any stretch of the word but I can cook some stuff.

Any one interested before I type out all this shit.???

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: English shit

Post by YoDude »

Go for it Fred! lets see whatcha got

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Post up your english muffin recipe.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

“Pound Cake” is English
This was easy to remember a pound of all of the ingredients
A pound of
Butter
Eggs
Sugar
And flour
The recipe dates back to the 1700s when not everyone could read

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Pound Cake is very popular where I grew up in rural Mississippi.
-DBTO

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Post by Forge »

:clap: Bring it on! I’m alway interested in trying new foods. My father’s side is mostly English from many generations ago, but he and my grandmother’s cooking was primarily Southern US.
My wife is is half English (from colonial days) and then Irish and Italian from the Northeastern US. Her Italian and Irish parts came through Ellis Island. She introduced me, down here in South Texas, to shepherd’s pie. I love it.
Oh, what is Yorkshire pudding? It looks like a fluffy, savory muffin with gravy on it. :cheers:
Arthritis sucks!

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

FallenAngel wrote:“Pound Cake” is English
This was easy to remember a pound of all of the ingredients
A pound of
Butter
Eggs
Sugar
And flour
The recipe dates back to the 1700s when not everyone could read
Never heard of it. I am white North England male to indigenous parents.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Forge wrote::clap: Bring it on! I’m alway interested in trying new foods. My father’s side is mostly English from many generations ago, but he and my grandmother’s cooking was primarily Southern US.
My wife is is half English (from colonial days) and then Irish and Italian from the Northeastern US. Her Italian and Irish parts came through Ellis Island. She introduced me, down here in South Texas, to shepherd’s pie. I love it.
Oh, what is Yorkshire pudding? It looks like a fluffy, savory muffin with gravy on it. :cheers:
Exactly what it is. I am from Yorkshire. Dont listen the the crap like you eat it first, you eat it with Knife and fork from the plate with gravy and parsnips or mashed Turnip and roast beef usually or lamb.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

This is my favourite especially after a night on the piss and you need some stodge

Deep pan, oil, onions, sweat em up. chuck in some crushed garlic, 2 chopped carrots, chopped potato's and any other shit you got in the bottom of the fridge you want to get rid of like cauliflower, long beans etc etc.

3 oxo cubes and pepper, cook and stir as long as you can before it burns, bung in water hot or cold , I use hot.

Panic over and it all simmers down, simmer for about 40 minutes . I go for a shower to get the stink out before dinner.

Second bit.

1 egg and some flower say a cup full in a bowl . mix in milk (do you have milk in USA) and mix it up to make a pancake mix.

Ok so here we go the magic bit.

Get a non stick pan and put in a good teaspoon of oil and wait till it gets quite hot and the oil is every where even up the sides of the pan.

Test with a drop of pancake mix and if it sizzles chuck it in and roll it round till you have no liquid. let it cook a while and shake the pan. It should come loose and slide around the pan if not get a a spatula and persuade it. Toss it over and cook till brown.

Sling the pancake on a plate and dump the shit from the other pan on top. Pile it up to about 2 inches. you will have probably made too much so I like to save a bit to eat it on toast the next day . By then your hang over will have gone and the kitchen is a dump.

Serve with cold beer and brown sauce.

I told this to a Belgium cheff who said this was called stompf. -- I assume that was a good thing