Contemporary Country

Share your music and videos HERE!
This is mainly for YouTube vids and such.
Vids of bike runs should be in the "Trails 'n' Tails" section!
tc1400
Got My M1 License!

Contemporary Country

Post by tc1400 »

Rock is in my roots. Always has been and always will be. However, there are times when the wife and I are in the car together and my 'preferred' music isn't appropiate. I can understand that. So we compromise with country. As much as I was reluctant at first (not a knock on country but my resistance to try something else), I have to admit country music these days has come a long way. Toby Keith, Montgomery Gentry, Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean, Dierks Bentley, Miranda Lambert are examples of some country artists that I've grown to really like over time. There's a certain sense of humor to a lot of it. Never thought I'd be saying this 10 years ago. Today's country is HUGE. It just doesn't replace my roots.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: Contemporary Country

Post by RoadKing »

tc1400 wrote:Rock is in my roots. Always has been and always will be. However, there are times when the wife and I are in the car together and my 'preferred' music isn't appropiate. I can understand that. So we compromise with country. As much as I was reluctant at first (not a knock on country but my resistance to try something else), I have to admit country music these days has come a long way. Toby Keith, Montgomery Gentry, Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean, Dierks Bentley, Miranda Lambert are examples of some country artists that I've grown to really like over time. There's a certain sense of humor to a lot of it. Never thought I'd be saying this 10 years ago. Today's country is HUGE. It just doesn't replace my roots.
:thumbup: Listened as a kid in the late 40's and early 50's to hillbilly and blues and watched them merge in the birth of rocknroll. Country IS roots! :thumbup: I love the rocknroll! I watched it being born! I was one of those 50's kids that helped deliver the brand new baby! And ya know what? RocknRoll is alive and well and living these days in The Country… it has gone back home where it was born! Those people you mention are today's RocknRoll stars! One live concert with all those youngsters will convince ya! Rock on!
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

tc1400
Got My M1 License!

Re: Contemporary Country

Post by tc1400 »

Yes, RK. Absolutely right.