Turn Signal Relay

scootermcq
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: VS1400 + VL1500

Turn Signal Relay

Post by scootermcq »

I am trying to figure out the wiring on my 1999 LC1500 for the turn signals. I want to add an electronic flasher and it is not making sense to me.

On other bikes, I have found the wires and replaced the relay with an electronic one, or on some bikes there has been a relay block that has side stand / flashers / clutch etc and I pull the 2 appropriate wires and simply add my electronic flasher.

I don't even see a relay for the turn signals:

http://www.crowitis.com/images/LC%20Wir ... iagram.pdf

It appears it goes from the switch to the turn signals and makes a stop through the fuse box on the (-) line. The fuse box is labelled as #4 for the signal, but it hits the speedo / horn/ start button etc....

Does anyone know where to wire in a simple 2 prong electronic flasher?
Scott

scootermcq
Joined a 250cc Club

Re: Turn Signal Relay

Post by scootermcq »

98VS1400 wrote:I know this is an old post, but it appears the fuel pump relay also operates the turn signals???

http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/199 ... #sch284952

Part #25
Thanks Keith.... I'm not sure if it does or does not include the pump. The guys on the Delphi forum said just to replace that 7 prong relay with a $7 electronic one. It should be any day and I guess I will know. If I run out of fuel half way down the block, I will have my answer :bang:
Scott

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

Can't quite infer it from the microfiche, but it may mean that that relay part number works in both locations. So your bike could have two of the same relay. But who knows :confused:

scootermcq
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by scootermcq »

Not sure, but it works great.
Scott