Charcoal Canister removal

87vs700
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: intruder vs700

Charcoal Canister removal

Post by 87vs700 »

Can the charcoal Canister from a California vs750 be removed? And will any Adjustments need to be made to the Carburetor?

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: Charcoal Canister removal

Post by Herb »

87vs700 wrote:Can the charcoal Canister from a California vs750 be removed? And will any Adjustments need to be made to the Carburetor?
I removed the canister from my 99 1400. Pulled all associated hoses and only had to run a single vacuum hose to the boost sensor and plug the hose from the gas tank. Didn't have to do anything else to the bike.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Whisperingwayne
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2006 s83 boulevard

Post by Whisperingwayne »

I'm in the process of deleting my canister off my car 1400. Does that single hose for the boost sensor just come from the port on forward intake after the carb? Any problems with capping the gas can because it's not a vented cap?

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Whisperingwayne wrote:I'm in the process of deleting my canister off my car 1400. Does that single hose for the boost sensor just come from the port on forward intake after the carb? Any problems with capping the gas can because it's not a vented cap?
Yes, the boost sensor hose comes from the front cylinder vacuum port.

I plugged the gas tank vent hose and never had a problem with the tank venting. I know that it has been claimed that the cap isn't vented but if you have the tank off and turn it upside down, gas WILL run out of the cap.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Whisperingwayne
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2006 s83 boulevard

Post by Whisperingwayne »

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I've been scouring one forum and the intruder Facebook group and no one has been able to answer my questions. That was the last bit of info I needed to wrap up my evap delete.