Help with mod ideas

Sometimesyoudie
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2000 suzuki intruder vs800

Help with mod ideas

Post by Sometimesyoudie »

Hey all I just got my first bike about a month ago and I'm obsessed! I got a 2000 vs800 and it is an absolute blast. I would attach pics but I don't know how yet haha

I've got a bunch of ideas on some mods I want to do at some point and I'd love to get some pointers/opinions.

I want to take the backrest off but I realized this is going to be difficult because of the turn signals. I'm having trouble finding the adapter that lets you maintain the turn signal location. Or would it be easier/cheaper just to relocate the lights and buy some cheap after market ones?

I also want to beef up the exhaust sound. I did a little reading on drilling out the back baffle, if I did this would I need to mess with the AF mixture? Would it require a rejet or anything? What would you recommend on the cheap?

Also I'd like to get some Z bars, forward controls and possibly a new/more modern sleeker seat. Any links or dealers you guys know that sells aftermarket stuff I'm looking for at a reasonable price?

Sorry for the long post I've just got a lot planned! Thanks for any help you guys can give

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Re: Help with mod ideas

Post by Lechy »

Drilling or removing baffles here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ruder+1400 only required to re-set AF.

Removing the backrest you will need 4 spacers, 2 x 15 mm + 2 x 20 mm, 1" ally stock bar drilled 6 or 8 mm not too sure. but you will see.

I drilled out the rear fender and fitted a couple of aftermarket indicators to my 750.

Bars and seat, check out Ebay. Best to make a mock up set first out of 1" PVC tubing to find what you are comfortable with and whether the cables and hydraulic hoses will be long enough.

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

Sometimesyoudie
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2000 suzuki intruder vs800

Post by Sometimesyoudie »

This is awesome!!!! Thanks man I'll post pics soon

bshahan
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2001 vs800gl

Post by bshahan »

I put a set of 10" Z bars on my 2001, the process is relatively smooth, no need for extended hoses or cables. Although I am seriously considering going up to a set of 14" more of a comfort thing for me.
It's not about the destination - It's about the jouney