Coolant Change

rocksandhammers
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2006 Boulevard S50

Coolant Change

Post by rocksandhammers »

I'm going to flush the coolant in my '06 S50 for the first time this weekend. I found the drain and bleeder bolts in the frame, but it looks like the drain bolt is tucked behind the exhaust sleeve so tight the bolt might not have enough room to unscrew. Just looking to see if any other s50 owners have some tips or if I'll have to pull the whole exhaust out a little. Thanks for all the help beforehand.

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Re: Coolant Change

Post by Lechy »

On the VS it's easier to pull the water pump cover and let it drain out into a container. Only problem in doing this is to not to forget to re-seat the gasket as it is an O-ring type and can become displaced from the recess. I don't know about the other models though.

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

rocksandhammers
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2006 Boulevard S50

Re: Coolant Change

Post by rocksandhammers »

I figured I'd reply to this post with what I did since it was fairly easy and worked well enough. Unbolted the exhaust from frame, engine and coupling. I didn't fully remove it but pulled it out as far as it would go without removing the foot pegs. It came out pretty easy since I had put some aluminum anti-seize paste on the exhaust coupling last weekend when I removed the right exhaust to change the clutch plates. Everything else is by the manual from there. Easy enough.