HELP fork rebuild

Jared_ka
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1994 vs800 cafe

HELP fork rebuild

Post by Jared_ka »

Hey everyone I need some input on rebuilding my forks I built my intruder into a cafe so I want to be able to get down around the curves but due to the area I live all the curvy roads are riddled with pot holes and bumpy ass turns which have blown one of my fork seals. I'm replacing the seals and I'm going to put different Springs in as well as switch to a higher weight oil, I've never got into suspension before so I'd like to get some opinions. I was thinking of using the race tech Springs because they say they give a straight up stiffer ride, not have a progressive rate and I have no idea about what oil to goto. Like I said every road is real bumpy so I want to make sure I get the best setup for handling the curves not so much hitting bumps on the straight.

Truckingeek
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: Ones with two wheels

Re: HELP fork rebuild

Post by Truckingeek »

A "Cafe Truder" you say....

PIC'S I wanna see PIC's :popcorn:

If need be I have Suzuki's how to for the fork work/rebuild. Others will chime in about the springs and oil.

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Re: HELP fork rebuild

Post by Lechy »

Riding the canals in Thailand gets pretty wild with the road(?) conditions. I run EP 68 Hydraulic oil in the front with stock springs and air shocks (12 1/2") on the rear @ 55psi. Good handling under all conditions.
[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.