Emissions box under the seat?

ClassicfnRD
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: Intruder vs800

Emissions box under the seat?

Post by ClassicfnRD »

Is there a write up on how to get rid of that thing? I'll be getting rid of the grampa seat (mustang) that was put on by the PO, and putting a solo seat on, and don't want that thing being an eye sore.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Emissions box under the seat?

Post by navigator »

That is the CDI, stash it under the solo seat, the bike won't run without it.

ClassicfnRD
Practicing Bicycling

Post by ClassicfnRD »

navigator wrote:That is the CDI, stash it under the solo seat, the bike won't run without it.
Haha, thanks. Was wondering why it had wires. Everything I came across about a "box" under the seat said it was some evap crap...

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: Vs800+c90

Post by Swcoinguy »

ClassicfnRD wrote:Is there a write up on how to get rid of that thing? I'll be getting rid of the grampa seat (mustang) that was put on by the PO, and putting a solo seat on, and don't want that thing being an eye sore.
What are you going to use for a solo seat? I have the OEM 2pc that makes for a good looking solo seat when mounted without the passenger section. If it's something your interested in let me know, I'd be Interested in the Mustang for my '02. Maybe we can work something out thats good for both of us.

ClassicfnRD
Practicing Bicycling

Post by ClassicfnRD »

Swcoinguy wrote:
ClassicfnRD wrote:Is there a write up on how to get rid of that thing? I'll be getting rid of the grampa seat (mustang) that was put on by the PO, and putting a solo seat on, and don't want that thing being an eye sore.
What are you going to use for a solo seat? I have the OEM 2pc that makes for a good looking solo seat when mounted without the passenger section. If it's something your interested in let me know, I'd be Interested in the Mustang for my '02. Maybe we can work something out thats good for both of us.
I was looking at a Springer seat that came with a base-plate, but....I was also trying to look for an oem. Hell I'll trade you just cause.

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

ClassicfnRD wrote:
Swcoinguy wrote:
I was looking at a Springer seat that came with a base-plate, but....I was also trying to look for an oem. Hell I'll trade you just cause.
Sounds good. I'm in Florida, where are you located? My email is jacswfl1@gmail.com send me a some pics of what you have and I'll send pics of my seat back to your email address.

ClassicfnRD
Practicing Bicycling

Post by ClassicfnRD »

Swcoinguy wrote:
ClassicfnRD wrote:
Swcoinguy wrote:
Sounds good. I'm in Florida, where are you located? My email is jacswfl1@gmail.com send me a some pics of what you have and I'll send pics of my seat back to your email address.
I'm also in florida. I'll shoot you some photos when I get home later.

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

ClassicfnRD wrote:
I'm also in florida. I'll shoot you some photos when I get home later.
Where in Florida? Did I already ask that in a previous thread? If so, that means your on the east coast.

ClassicfnRD
Practicing Bicycling

Post by ClassicfnRD »

I'm on the panhandle, on the Alabama side. Small little shithole called defuniak springs.

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

ClassicfnRD wrote:I'm on the panhandle, on the Alabama side. Small little shithole called defuniak springs.
Ok. Another newer member recently posted in a thread that he was in Florida and when I asked he said he was on the east coast. I wish some of the intruder riders I see around here would join. I have 1 member near me and so far we haven't had a chance to go for a ride but we have gotten together to work on my '02. Good guy, I should drop him a line and see how he's doing. Go ahead and send the pics to my email and I'll send back the pics of my seat. If you were closer we could meet somewhere and swap face to face but if your that far away I bet shipping will be easier and cheaper.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Swcoinguy wrote: If you were closer we could meet somewhere and swap face to face but if your that far away I bet shipping will be easier and cheaper.
Your missing a great chance to take a nice ride. When I bought my Mustang seat I rode half way across Okla and almost all the way across Arkansas to get my seat face to face. It took all day and into the evening to make that trip, but I'm glad I made it as I got to see places I would never have been if I had it sent to me. And the cost was only a few tanks of gas. [emoji106] [space] :putput:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree: