More bloody woes

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

More bloody woes

Post by Lechy »

Alright, I got the carbs all sorted and am happy with them. Took off for a good canal ride, the bike is running like a little rocket. Sopped off at a 7-11 for a break and a drink, turned on the ignition and pressed for start, bugger me if I've got a flat battery, slow and then no crank. The battery is a gell batt less than one month old and fully charged. Got a couple of local lads to give me a push and she started right up. Got the old gal back to the house and started troubleshooting, everything checked out OK so. time to check the starter. Not a difficult job to remove but a couple of the bolts are damned awkward to get to.
Dismantled the starter and found this:

Gave it all a good clean and stuck the magnet back using epoxy 2 pack, hope that fixes it, I'll know tomorrow.

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Re: More bloody woes

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I wish I could help except when it comes to bike repairs I usually take it to the dealer, bend over and hand him a jar of Vaseline. Good luck hope it works. [emoji106]
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: More bloody woes

Post by Herb »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:I wish I could help except when it comes to bike repairs I usually take it to the dealer, bend over and hand him a jar of Vaseline. Good luck hope it works. [emoji106]
At least you are smart enough to bring the vaseline, the dealer charges extra to provide it.

:evil:
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.