Exhaust gasket part numbers

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: Vs800+c90

Exhaust gasket part numbers

Post by Swcoinguy »

I'd like to buy new gaskets for the muffler to head pipe connection. Online I find what is called a "connector,muffler" part number 14771-30e00. Does this look right?

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Re: Exhaust gasket part numbers

Post by Lechy »

Grow old disgracefully young man.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

That is the right part number. 14771-30e00
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/s ... 30E00.html

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

Wrong end of the head pipe lol. Thanks for the try though, I do appreciate it.

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

navigator wrote:That is the right part number. 14771-30e00
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/s ... 30E00.html
I thought I had the right part but wanted to be sure, seemed odd to me that they call them connectors at Bike Bandit and Oneida Suzuki. I'll order some tomorrow from my local dealer unless they are a lot more money. I couldn't find them on EBay either so that threw some doubt in the mix too. Thanks Nav.

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by Lechy »

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

Lechy wrote:Oops!
Try this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Graphite ... CF&vxp=mtr
[emoji41]
Alright Lechy you got me scratching my head now. The part you linked to has a different number than the one I found. My part number is listed for a 2002(what I have) and for an 05(I checked to be sure the numbers were the same). The part you linked to says it fits the 700 but doesn't mention the 800. I have to assume there is a difference in them then. I thought the exhaust was identical through the entire run of the little intruder 700/750/800. I parted out a 700 a while back and the exhaust looked the same to me but maybe it wasn't??? ;IDunno:

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by Lechy »

Suzuki had a habit of changing part numbers for different bikes using the same part. Something to do with internal costings and parts management.
Might not even be a Suzuki part number as many parts on most bikes are supplied to the manufacturer from a 3rd party.
I just replaced all the bearings on my 750, bought them all at an auto store for about 1/4 price from the dealer.
[emoji41]

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by Lechy »

Had you scrolled down the page you would have seen they fit all 3 models. They are EMGO parts.
[emoji41]

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

Lechy wrote:Had you scrolled down the page you would have seen they fit all 3 models. They are EMGO parts.
[emoji41]
I'll go back and check it out, thanks.

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

Swcoinguy wrote:
Lechy wrote:Had you scrolled down the page you would have seen they fit all 3 models. They are EMGO parts.
[emoji41]
I'll go back and check it out, thanks.
I looked and your right, it does list the 800 so the exhaust systems must be the same from 85-the end of the run - Not sure how I missed that. I also notice that they appear to be made from a different material. They look gray and solid as opposed to the other part number which appears to be more of a woven metal fiber material. I wonder if one is better than the other? My OEM gasket looks like the woven style rather than the solid looking type.

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

Update: I ordered these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Graphite ... CF&vxp=mtr
These are the gaskets that Lechy linked to. I ordered those because they were easy enough and the price of was reasonable. I could not find the 14771-30e00 part on eBay so I took a leap of faith.
This morning I called my local dealer and talked to the parts Dept. Apparently the "Suzuki" OEM part number is 14771-05a02(like in Lechys link) but the 14771-30e00 cross referenced to the same part in his system. His current part number for that part is 14181-42c00.
I asked how the same part could have so many different numbers thinking it was because if old numbers being superseded but he said it was because of the distributor they are getting them from. His example was Tucker Rocky. If they(Tucker Rocky)order 10,000 of the same part but this time it comes from from a different manufacturer it will be a slightly different number even though it's the same part-great way to confuse people if you ask me.
Long story I know, sorry. I'll update when I get mine if I have any trouble.

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

Gaskets arrived and went in like butter, so far so good :smile:

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by Lechy »

:clap:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Any exhaust fitters has a hundreds of them hanging on the wall. The pipe to head gasket on the 1400 is common part and is even fitted to some cars . I buy then from any accessory shop too for 1 dollar.

Suzuki do not make motor bikes they assemble them.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Will these gaskets work with the CM2 pipes? My left pipe has been loose and rattling since I bought the pipes almost 10 years ago. So I think it is time to fix it and make that annoying rattle go away. :bang:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:Will these gaskets work with the CM2 pipes? My left pipe has been loose and rattling since I bought the pipes almost 10 years ago. So I think it is time to fix it and make that annoying rattle go away. :bang:
Are you looking for the gasket at the jug or the gasket in the pipe? I was looking for the gasket where the muffler attaches to the head pipe. If your looking for the head gasket where the pipe attaches to the jug then I'd start a new thread. If your looking for a gasket that goes between the head pipe and muffler then hopefully someone with those pipes will jump in here.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

For CM2 pipes, On a VS800, there is an aluminum adapter sleeve between the head pipe and the CM2 pipe.
The adapter is glued to the header with red RTV.
The outside of the adapter has two heat resistant o-rings....IIRC they are dash# 031.
PM me your addy and I'll ship you a pair.