HELP WIRING HARNESS ISSUE/HOOK UP

Traff
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 87 suzuki intruder vs700

HELP WIRING HARNESS ISSUE/HOOK UP

Post by Traff »

I have a 87 vs700 that i just got that needed a wiring harness because the other one melted i got the new one but i can mot seem to see where it all hooks up right please help going on a ride sunday and i need this bike up and running it ran when my buddy had it
He put a new starting solenoid on it and didn't have it all tightened down right and it caused the fire so he yanked the wire harness off and I bought a new one and now he does not remember and neither do I wear it all hooked up at because I was the one that did not take please help anyone can call me too at 817 771 1756

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Re: HELP WIRING HARNESS ISSUE/HOOK UP

Post by Lechy »

PM me your e-mail addy and I will send you the wiring diagrams.
[emoji41]

Here is a link to DoggyD's manual from the purple playground, be sure to thank him if you ever get over there.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/5ha60s9sk ... 63-03E.pdf

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

AND THE LESSON FROM THIS STORY IS----

You should not replace a wiring harness for such a simple problem , Just razor open the harness and replace each burnt wire one by one. Then just tape it up again like new.

No one can help you for this. Down load the wiring diagram and cancel your ride. Keep looking at it until it makes sense.

HDR
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 1997 Suzuki Intruder vs800gl

Post by HDR »

Good morning intruders. Fred thanks for your post. I've been having issues with my starter switch and once it malfunctioned, I really never really tried to repair it. Really i half a$$ed it. I've bought at least 4 - 6 different exterior start/stop buttons and none of them last, they end up burning out or the terminals damaged or wires come loose. Just yesterday i was thinking it is finally time to fix it and fix it right. I was thinking first of making sure the interior of the starter button compartment are all good and then, do exactly as you say, wire by wire, replace as i go and that should either allow me to adjust all it's components properly or find the real issue behind it not working. Thanks again Fred, it's extremely weird and coincidental that i saw your response to this today . Cause no matter what it has to get fixed eventually and I have to learn the bike. Might as well it be today. Greetings and ride safe