jump starting vs800 intruder

justonidle4Now
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: vs 800 intruder

jump starting vs800 intruder

Post by justonidle4Now »

good day, I am looking for some expert insight into using a stand alone 12 volt auto battery to jump start my mc. I have removed the bikes battery and stored it inside, I have my bike in the unheated garage, I want to be able to start and tinker with it over the winer. Wil I do any damage by jumping with the auto battery and allowong tje mc to idle hooked tp the auto 12 v. Long winded I know but if you reasearch this ? there are no ckear answers. thanks for you patience.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: jump starting vs800 intruder

Post by sgtcall »

justonidle4Now wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:17 am
good day, I am looking for some expert insight into using a stand alone 12 volt auto battery to jump start my mc. I have removed the bikes battery and stored it inside, I have my bike in the unheated garage, I want to be able to start and tinker with it over the winer. Wil I do any damage by jumping with the auto battery and allowong tje mc to idle hooked tp the auto 12 v. Long winded I know but if you reasearch this ? there are no ckear answers. thanks for you patience.
The car battery will work but if you don't get the bike up to full running temperature it can create moisture that won't burn off and it can cause rust in the long term. The better bet is to add a battery tender to the bike and leave the bikes battery in the bike and plugged in over winter. There is a connection in fuse box to connect the battery tender plug lead so you will not have to access the battery to connect the battery tender.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.