Solo Seat?

Jerrbear
Studying MC Handbook

Solo Seat?

Post by Jerrbear »

I've been looking at seats and the solo seats are MUCH cheaper. I do not ride two up- and will not on this bike. Is anyone familiar with what goes into putting a solo saddle on?

Jerrbear
Studying MC Handbook

Re: Solo Seat?

Post by Jerrbear »

What all is under the passenger seat? :lmao: I'm so clueless about these bikes.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

There's a bunch of relays under there that will need to be relocated. Usually, they end up in the area of the rear air box after uncorking the bike.
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Jerrbear
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Jerrbear »

Have you uncorked yours?

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

Don't forget about the CDI fellas. That's a biggie. Then all the errant holes left in the rear fender. Unless you change to a trailer fender from Tractor Supply. Uncorking isn't a requirement, but I wouldn't do it on the 800. No performance gain and it's a PITA to get right. Some have found a way to fit the CDI to the side covers.

Jerrbear
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Jerrbear »

Thanks for the heads up guys. Although i prefer the look of the solo seat, I will likely end up going with a corbin gunfighter if it is more cost effective.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

Solo is more cost effective if you're a hands on type of person. Gunfighter is what most guys that aren't good with fabrication go with. I have a Mustang Squareback, not in production for the 800 anymore, but my favorite to combine looks and comfort. If you want something that looks bad a$$, if this is just going to be a bar hopper, Granucci makes gorgeous low profile seats. It's an Italian seat company, still have to relocate the CDI, but they are the most eye catching option.

Jerrbear
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Jerrbear »

I'm not sure if 1400 seats fit or not but is worth looking to see. I really do like the look of the solo and I will probably look more into it and if nothing else make it a winter project. If and when i do put a seat on (Mustang, Corbin, or solo) I will be sure to post it here with a write up so those that follow can benefit.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

98VS1400 wrote:Bronx has a Granucci for sale on IA, but its for the 1400. Not knowing the brand, I researched them. Common thoughts are they are like a brick due to their thinness.
They don't fit both. Different mount point and yes they are a brick, but that's why I stated "bar hopper". I wouldn't ride one, but I like riding longer than 20 - 30 minutes. But you have to admit, they look pretty freaking sweet.