Clutch spring replacement, designer?

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Re: Clutch spring replacement, designer?

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:15 pm
Shoe must fit.... :Cool:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:28 pm
Designer wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:15 pm
Shoe must fit.... :Cool:
:funnylast: Yep,...THE easiest by far :space: :GoneFishin:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Doesn't even know when HE is being trolled.... :lmao:

Designer wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:59 pm
hillsy v2 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:30 pm
sgtcall wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:24 pm
Side note, for some reason a lot of the guys that ride Triumphs are anal as fuck. You should see the arguments if someone brings up using a torque wrench if it isn't the exact brand some other guy likes. Or, God forbid, not using a torque wrench on just about everything., the hate will just flow.
Haha - there's keyboard mechanics on just about every forum. If they have 10K posts they are obviously the experts :lmao:
We see you just can't DEAL WITH ITY when you are proven an IGNORANT SUCKING JACKASS!!

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Doesn't even know when HE HAS BEEN trolled and hooked!.... :lmao:
hillsy v2 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:07 pm
Designer wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:55 am
sgtcall wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:24 pm
Side note, for some reason a lot of the guys that ride Triumphs are anal as fuck. You should see the arguments if someone brings up using a torque wrench f it isn't the exact brand some other guy likes. Or, God forbid, not using a torque wrench on just about everything., the hate will just flow.
Yeah. :space: I hear you! :space: There's always some bone-headed jerk who makes an asinine suggestion of a Fix that is way far off and couldn't possibly help the poor guy with a Mechanical problem get back on the Road. Then,...gets All Riled Up when their suggestion is shown it makes no sensible help.
Ain't that the truth :ShitGrinandThumb: I especially laugh at the guys who claim to be experts in some particular field - sometimes they even sell parts - and then when someone posts a problem in that space they don't have a clue and suggest they just throw new parts at it that don't fix the problem..
:GoneFishin:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

:funnylast:

Useless.

Go back to researching chemtrails....

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

:funnylast: :space: I bet that hook is really smarting your lip! :space: :wink:

Here hillsy!,...here BOY!

:GoneFishin:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

:funnylast:

The "clutch guy" in full swing....

:bonk:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

:funnylast: :space: :space: :space: He just can't stop.... :dunno:

The Simp-headed ones are THE EASIEST to Bait and Hook.:space: :GoneFishin:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:32 pm

The Simp-headed ones are THE EASIEST to Bait and Hook.

Yes - it certainly wasn't difficult to get you to swallow the hook :Cool:
hillsy v2 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:07 pm
Designer wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:59 pm

We see you just can't DEAL WITH ITY when you are proven an IGNORANT SUCKING JACKASS!!.........

Didn't take long :lmao: :GoneFishin:

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Okay you two, lets keep the arguments out of the actual motorcycle posts. It detracts from fixing the issue.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

sgtcall wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:45 pm
Okay you two, lets keep the arguments out of the actual motorcycle posts. It detracts from fixing the issue.
The question was answered with the first response from Lechy. Every thing after that is the usual stuff.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Swilsonp51 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:20 pm
I installed those Barnett springs on my vs800, wow full throttle in all gears no slip thanks guys for the recommendations, now if I could just figure out this low speed hesitation, I know it’s probably the dang pilot jet, when I first got the bike I took the carbs off and rebuilt/cleaned them, but for some reason I think the pilot jet is clogged, maybe I didn’t blow it out hard enough or maybe there was some crud in the tank that made its way through who know.
Another thread TRASHED!
Glad you made out with the new springs! :ShitGrinandThumb: :cheers:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

sgtcall wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:45 pm
Yesssir.

Speaking of fixing issues,... I really liked your posting the situation from another Board about how Sea Foam worked,.....that was Spot On advice. :ShitGrinandThumb: :space: There are Many Thousands of similar examples supporting what you posted....... even though told Sea Foam won't do much inside the Carbs.

And there's Every reason to believe your experience posted will help out Swilsonp51 be "The Fix" for his predicament,....so he can avoid all that work of taking Carbs off/taking them apart/cleaning them/reassembly/reinstallation/adjusting balancing them. :space: Let it do it's job over a bit of time. :space: :wink:

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

In response to the hesitation, a lot of Intruder owners like to slow down the idle to emulate the lope of a Harley, this is a bad idea on these bikes. Idle should be around 1100 rpm, lower idle speeds will cause hesitation. Also setting the AF mix correctly helps a lot as will a carb synch. Loads of good info here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4139
Grow old disgracefully young man.

Swilsonp51
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1999 Suzuki intruder vs800

Post by Swilsonp51 »

I ended up running seafoam in the carbs and letting it sit overnight started up the next day not really a noticeable difference, but then again some people do it multiple times before it works, anyway I thought I’d try Berrymans b12, I’ll be doggone if it didn’t make a difference, it’s not 100percent but hesitation is not near as bad, I’m gonna give it a few more treatments of running it through the fuel line letting it fill the bowls and let it sit overnight.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Swilsonp51 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:35 pm
I ended up running seafoam in the carbs and letting it sit overnight started up the next day not really a noticeable difference, but then again some people do it multiple times before it works, anyway I thought I’d try Berrymans b12, I’ll be doggone if it didn’t make a difference, it’s not 100percent but hesitation is not near as bad, I’m gonna give it a few more treatments of running it through the fuel line letting it fill the bowls and let it sit overnight.
GREAT NEWS! :space: :clap: :space: Glad to hear you are doing better without having to go through all that Carb work. :space: :ShitGrinandThumb:

Thanks for feed back on this Product too. :space: Your experience will be a nice addition to what we can offer to others on our Tech Board.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Swilsonp51 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:35 pm
Keep up using the Berrymans and I am sure over time it will get back to 100%. I tried Berrymans before and it was great but I normally recommend seafoam because it is easier to find, at least in my area. In either case they need time to do the job so make sure to keep adding it.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Swilsonp51
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1999 Suzuki intruder vs800

Post by Swilsonp51 »

I agree, I’m letting them sit again for a few days while the weather is crappy and will continue to run a little gum out and seafoam through the gas tank periodically.