Need help not cranking

Dcondra
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: Intruder v800

Need help not cranking

Post by Dcondra »

So here's my issue so my bike started popping from the exhaust one day when I started it up so I let it sit for a bit 15 mins or so than, later that day I was leaving work bike started fine no pop maybe 2 miles downnthe road bike acts like it barely wants to get up to speed so I get her to town slowly maybe a mile down the road. Next morning i figured I was gonna go check out what's wrong with it would crank over but not start. I started looking around for possible issues and my injector coil (plug wires) the wire slipped out of the boot so I replaced all injectors and coils 2 weeks later after waiting for it to come from Japan lol . Now my issue is is bike won't start battering dead I charged it and I'm using a jump box to get it started. Nothing I can here solenoid engage and ik I got battery life and new plugs and wires .. could my starter be dead ?

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: Need help not cranking

Post by sgtcall »

The first thing you should do is take the battery to an auto parts store and have it load tested. Sometimes they seem good but will fail the load test.

Make sure all battery connections are clean and tight, including the negative cable where it grounds to the frame. Use sand paper to clean each connection.

Post all the information on the bike, year, mileage, after market parts, pictures, ect.

If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Need help not cranking

Post by Designer »

What SgtCAll said. :ShitGrinandThumb:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!