Signals not working

Chaulkboard
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2003 suzuki intruder vs800

Signals not working

Post by Chaulkboard »

I've been customizing my bike for a while now and now the signals are not working properly. Headlight is either off or on low, no hibeam. Signals have power but do not flash. Any insight or where to look would be a great help, as I've tried many things with no luck

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: Signals not working

Post by sgtcall »

There is a flasher relay behind the left side cover.

Are your lights and signals stock or are the converted to LED?

Any electrical changes from stock?
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Headlight, I would check at the headlight for power on the high beam side. If there is power it is the bulb, if not either the high/low beam switch or the wire from the switch to the bulb. Most cases the problem is the bulb.

SgtCall is correct, if both bulbs on each side come on but don't flash it is the relay, if there are no other changes to the system.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Chaulkboard
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2003 suzuki intruder vs800

Post by Chaulkboard »

I have aftermarket led lights, I'm not sure what the relay looks like though. I have choked the mid/rear of the bike so the location of it won't be any help unfortunately

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Then you are going to need an electronic relay because the original works on a load/temp system and won't work with LEDs.

Look up the part number of the stock relay and then check the relays for the number. I don't know about that one but most T/S relays are a 2 wire system.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.