Aftermarket risers for the WIDE risers with the notch where the bar rests

Georgey
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2002 1994 1994[2] 1997 vs800

Aftermarket risers for the WIDE risers with the notch where the bar rests

Post by Georgey »

Can anyone recommend aftermarket risers that fit the triple tree? I have the triple tree that fits the wide OEM risers (the OEM risers that have a metal notch to keep the OEM bars from slipping - they're real thick fitting in the upper triple tree).

OR does anybody have experience shaving down that "notch" in the riser where the bar rests? I'm trying to fit some aftermarket handlebars and I don't want to drill holes in the bars (so that the notch fits into the bar).

Pleas let me know!!!

Georgey
Learning My Moped

Re: Aftermarket risers for the WIDE risers with the notch where the bar rests

Post by Georgey »

searching ebay I saw VL800 (Volusia) risers -- they look like they might work. Does anybody know for sure?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Georgey wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:36 pm
Can anyone recommend aftermarket risers that fit the triple tree? I have the triple tree that fits the wide OEM risers (the OEM risers that have a metal notch to keep the OEM bars from slipping - they're real thick fitting in the upper triple tree).

OR does anybody have experience shaving down that "notch" in the riser where the bar rests? I'm trying to fit some aftermarket handlebars and I don't want to drill holes in the bars (so that the notch fits into the bar).

Pleas let me know!!!
I can say from First-hand experience when making my two Choppers that Grinding down that Notch is not problem and does in fact allow the use of just about any Bars that are of the same diameter.

Since the Risers are chromed, I do suggest you be Careful when grinding so you don't chip off the chrome you want left on the Risers themselves. Cutting with a Saw would be a mistake.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Georgey
Learning My Moped

Post by Georgey »

Thanks Designer - While you posted I just did what you said - I grounded them down with a carbide rotary burr . Thanks!! And it was easy - just like you said - easier than I thought it would be.