Brake light, turn signals, and neutral light not working

hj2095
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: VS 800

Brake light, turn signals, and neutral light not working

Post by hj2095 »

Hey, for anyone who has any idea I would greatly appreciate it. Just yesterday, on a ride, my brake lights, Voltaren signals, and neutral lights stopped working. I get nothing when the pressing the brakes or turning the signal switch. The headlight works fine on high and low beam, the bike runs fine without any issues at all. I’ve been looking for a relay or fuse, can’t seem to find that under the seat. Any ideas of what I should do, where I should look before having to take it to the local monkey?

Again, thanks.
H

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Brake light, turn signals, and neutral light not working

Post by Designer »

hj2095 wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:52 pm
Hey, for anyone who has any idea I would greatly appreciate it. Just yesterday, on a ride, my brake lights, Voltaren signals, and neutral lights stopped working. I get nothing when the pressing the brakes or turning the signal switch. The headlight works fine on high and low beam, the bike runs fine without any issues at all. I’ve been looking for a relay or fuse, can’t seem to find that under the seat. Any ideas of what I should do, where I should look before having to take it to the local monkey? Again, thanks. H

I admit I am no expert on the 800, that is the domain of our illustrious board members Navigator and Lechy. :bow:

But,. you need help RIGHT NOW. :blink:

If I may suggest try looking for the Fuse Box behind the Side Covers. On the 1400, it is the left Side Cover. Perhaps that same with the 800?

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hj2095
Tricycles are Cool

Post by hj2095 »

Hey, thanks for the reply. Do you mean the site covers directly below the seats? On the side of the bike? I had those off today to get the seat off, but it didn’t dawn on me to search through those. I will tomorrow. Thanks.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

hj2095 wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:22 pm
Hey, thanks for the reply. Do you mean the site covers directly below the seats? On the side of the bike? I had those off today to get the seat off, but it didn’t dawn on me to search through those. I will tomorrow. Thanks.
Yessir! Those are the Side Covers I am referring to. Do you have a Service Manual? It should be in there.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Yes the covers below the seat. There will be a plastic box with a single screw near the center. Pull the screw and the fuse box cover will come off. I think you only have about 6-7 fuses so I would just pull and check each one.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

sgtcall wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:33 pm
Yes the covers below the seat. There will be a plastic box with a single screw near the center. Pull the screw and the fuse box cover will come off. I think you only have about 6-7 fuses so I would just pull and check each one.
What Designer and sgtcall sez!!
fuse box under left side cover.

hj2095
Tricycles are Cool

Post by hj2095 »

Will check today. Thx!

hj2095
Tricycles are Cool

Post by hj2095 »

And there it was! Absolutely as tall to me, left side of the bike, under the cover, a dark plastic fuse box. After opening this, there are basically five fuses, and the very first one was blown. Replaced, problem solved! Thanks a bunch guys. I’m going to try to put up a couple of photos to show what the box looked like going in. Again, thanks a bunch, was about to put the bike on my trailer and take it in, lol!

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

:clap:
If you have any other questions, just ask.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

:rock:
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Glad it worked out for you.

Not to worry you but, if it happens again you have a bigger issue.