Fuel spitting out of inlet of carb.

Bobbert
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1996 VS800

Fuel spitting out of inlet of carb.

Post by Bobbert »

Let me start with I hate these carbs lol.

I have a pretty constant leak coming out of the air inlet of the rear carb. Not the overflow tube for the float. My air filter is soaked with gas. Anyone have any idea of what could cause this? I could just take the carb apart again and clean everything but I'd rather have an idea of why it's doing it before I commit to taking the damn thing off and synching it again.

Also it was running beautifully since I last had carb issues. Was a sudden thing.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Fuel spitting out of inlet of carb.

Post by navigator »

My guess is that the float valve is leaking. Perhaps a chunk of debris is lodged in there.
Be sure to check the oil level, and smell for fuel. If it's contaminated, it can cause a lot of damage.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Re: Fuel spitting out of inlet of carb.

Post by FallenAngel »

Bobbert wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:33 pm
Let me start with I hate these carbs lol.

I have a pretty constant leak coming out of the air inlet of the rear carb. Not the overflow tube for the float. My air filter is soaked with gas. Anyone have any idea of what could cause this? I could just take the carb apart again and clean everything but I'd rather have an idea of why it's doing it before I commit to taking the damn thing off and synching it again.

Also it was running beautifully since I last had carb issues. Was a sudden thing.
Possible bad intake valve
do a compression test or better do a lead down test if you have access to compressed air