No turn signals

dzsintruder+
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1995 Suzuki Intruder VS800GL

No turn signals

Post by dzsintruder+ »

I have a 95 vs800gl and no turn signals. The front turn signals still light up on start but do not blink. The rears do nothing. I've taken apart the switch and cleaned contacts also jumped the turn signal relay so i know it's neither of those.... thinking maybe a ground issue, issue in the headlight bucket, or possibly in the speedometer housing? Any suggestions? Very appreciated.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: No turn signals

Post by Herb »

I think I misunderstood the problem. You say the front lights come on when the key is turned on but the turn signals don't work. The front lights are also running lights so they come on with the ignition.

First thing I would check is the fuse.

I don't have a a good wiring diagram for an 800 but the 1400 has a separate fuse for the T/S and the lousy diagram copy I have it appears to be the same as the 1400. On the 1400 it is fuse #2, I don't remember if it is numbered from the top or bottom.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: No turn signals

Post by hillsy »

Yeah sounds like you're not getting power in the circuit so check the fuse like someone else said and work your way forward from there.