Greasing rear & front axels?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Greasing rear & front axels?

Post by Designer »

Well, well,...we see hillsy admitting he was VERY mistaken after his LACK of reading comprehension was made CLEAR;
Designer wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:09 am
hillsy wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:50 pm
You were asking why shouldn't you use anti-seize on the axle and 3 people here have said they don't use it. I've given you some reasons as to why it's not the best thing to use as well. I'm not sure what you are arguing about now.
hillsy,...you are once again Dragging Down another Tech Thread with your Side-show Bickering and Arguments.
And,....you are mistaken about this underlined statement

I have stated ....quite clearly .....the suggestion to use Water-proof Grease in my First Message.
Designer wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:44 pm
Not knowing how many miles you ride a year........(read: how many years before you replace your tires)...I recommend using Marine-grade Never Seize or water-proof Bearing Grease ( for Boat Trailers mostly) .
Light Greasing can fail you,...as time and moisture can cause problems as it might not be Waterproof Grease.

hillsy wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:10 am
That's great but you also suggested never seize. Bad idea.
Wrong AGAIN.
It works just fine. You just do not want to admit it does,....so you argue that it is a "bad idea" because you claim it is .... "messy" :roll:
hillsy wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:18 pm
The biggest problem with them is they seem to get on everything you touch - once you open the tube it magically gets everywhere (there's a bunch of memes out there that make fun of this - but they're funny cause they're kinda true). If you've ever worked in a shop and you've taken a wheel off a customer bike where they've used never seize on the axles you will curse the earth they walk on forever.
Lacking any and all Technical basis for your "claim" it is a "bad idea".

At least you admit You Were Wrong about this,..... after My Having To School You.
hillsy wrote:
The other thing is I have no idea how grease can get "removed" from inside the axle area? Seriously - it's sealed by the axle compressing the spacers together with the wheel bearings. At the very least you might get some water in there - but enough to remove the grease?

But,... what is REALLY The...." bad Idea".... was you suggesting this;
hillsy wrote:
Maybe you should use Maxima Chain Wax (chain lube) on your axles if that is your problem because that shit doesn't come off ANYTHING without a two day fight.
Now,...go to bed,.........you are Finished here.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Dude - just fucking give up with your blurred crusade and stop suggesting dumb ideas to people in the tech folders.

Anti Seize makes a mess at the best of times and its NOT appropriate for this application. No manufacturer recommends it either.

Keep your stupid in the propaganda folders.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

:funnylast: Dude,...you couldn't BE more wronger ,..IF YOU TRIED. :lmao:

Now,...since you mention..."suggesting dumb ideas"....there's nothing more dumber than YOU suggesting LSU Tiger to check electrical switches when his problem is clearly and totally ONLY mechanical!! :lmao:
Designer wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:37 pm
LSU Tiger wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:08 pm
I think I am ordering new master cylinder and slave parts and take it to my mechanic friend for installation. Agree?
Since all you report points towards this being a Clutch Actuation/Mechanical issue, not an Electrical/Engine Starting issue,...I would agree.

But before you order the Master Cylinder Rebuild Parts, best to check to see if the System gets any pressure at all first. Try squeezing the Clutch Lever and crack open the Banjo Bolt just a little to see if any Fluid comes out. If it does, you don't need to rebuild the Master Cylinder.

What say you hillsy, Herb & Lechy? :uhh:
hillsy wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:40 pm
hillsy wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:15 pm
Revisit checking the clutch and stand switches. Jumper the wires together on each one then try again.

More importantly the side stand switch

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Here we go :lolfall:

Dude - stop bringing up that thread - you suggested the guy buy a new MC and slave when it ended up being stuck clutch plates :lmao:
Designer wrote:
LSU Tiger wrote:
I think I am ordering new master cylinder and slave parts and take it to my mechanic friend for installation. Agree?
Since all you report points towards this being a Clutch Actuation/Mechanical issue, not an Electrical/Engine Starting issue,...I would agree.
LSU Tiger wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:57 pm
I carried it to my motorcycle friend who repairs motorcycles and he put a new slave and master cylinder on it. It still did not work. The clutch plates were stuck. It sat about seventy days after I had ankle replacement surgery.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Yeah,...you ARE THE IDIOT! :lmao:
What LSU Tiger suggested was,....A MECHANICAL solution. ....(NOT ELECTRICAL LIKE YOU) ......And I agreed. :dunno:
But,.........you are deliberately ignoring that......I suggested HE TEST before ordering those parts:
Designer wrote:
LSU Tiger wrote:
Since all you report points towards this being a Clutch Actuation/Mechanical issue, not an Electrical/Engine Starting issue,..I would agree.

But before you order the Master Cylinder Rebuild Parts, best to check to see if the System gets any pressure at all first. Try squeezing the Clutch Lever and crack open the Banjo Bolt just a little to see if any Fluid comes out. If it does, you don't need to rebuild the Master Cylinder.

Nothing you just posted does anything to erase YOUR TOTALLY STUPID suggestion that LSU Tiger check his electrical switches,..WHEN IT IS CELAR IT IS ONLY A MECHANCIAL ISSUE.

You might was well told him to check his Tire Pressure for all the good you did for him. :uhh:

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Shit never stops, eh? :bonk:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:09 pm
Shit never stops, eh?
:funnylast: :lmao:
HILARIOUS!

Will you just LOOK at who's talking about shit that doesn't stop?? :shock:

Not only does he SHIT all over this Thread with his endless side-show bickering,.....but now he trying to deflect away from his HUGE & GLARINGLY OBVIOUS FACE PLANT with LSU Tiger!!

And this guy wants us to respect him?? :Umm:

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Here - you mentioned using Never Seize and said you couldn't see any negatives:
Designer wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:14 am

I do not see any negatives with using the product(s) I mentioned,....what harm would it do? :dunno:
To answer that directly Never Seize is not designed for use in this sort of application - the tolerance between axle and bearings / spacers is not small enough to warrant an anti seizing product.

And secondly - Never Seize gets EVERYWHERE - especially in areas you don't want it to.

Everyone who has posted in this thread EXCEPT YOU recommend the use of a grease rather than an anti-seize. Even the Service Manual suggests grease. I suggested the chain lube because you came up with some bizarre scenario of the grease inside the SEALED axle cavity being somehow washed away by rain. No idea how that could actually happen in real life....

Now please stop posting bullshit to try and save face - all you're doing is fucking up the tech folders.....again....

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:25 pm
Here - you mentioned using Never Seize and said you couldn't see any negatives:
Designer wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:14 am
I do not see any negatives with using the product(s) I mentioned,....what harm would it do?
To answer that directly Never Seize is not designed for use in this sort of application - the tolerance between axle and bearings / spacers is not small enough to warrant an anti seizing product.
You are grasping at straws . Not the point,...it WILL provide a Water-resistant Coating.
Now,....Read this about YOUR "Not Designed For" recommendation. :naughty:
hillsy wrote:
I suggested the chain lube because you came up with some bizarre scenario of the grease inside the SEALED axle cavity being somehow washed away by rain. No idea how that could actually happen in real life....
Weak,...at best.
You attack me for recommending Never-seize claiming is is messy/not designed for that application,...,...then you have the audacity to post THIS?
WhatAnAss!! :lmao:

....And secondly - Never Seize gets EVERYWHERE - especially in areas you don't want it to.
It can,...IF,..you are too Inexperienced and UN-professional as to not know how to control your products you use. :dunno:
hillsy wrote:
Everyone who has posted in this thread EXCEPT YOU recommend the use of a grease rather than an anti-seize. Even the Service Manual suggests grease.
Oh Gawd,...here we go AGAIN! :roll:
YOU AGAIN FAIL TO MENTION,..I DID also recommend Grease.
You are DESPERATE to TRY TO save face over your being a total jerk with all your shit you have posted herein.

Get this Straight,. And get it now,..NOTHING you are doing will EVER ERASE,...or even DIMINISH,...the ASS you have made of yourself herein.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13531&start=20
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13531&start=22

Now please hillsy,.... stop posting your hypocrisy and bullshit all to try and save face - all you're doing is Phucking up the tech folders....
All that crap is NOT in The Spirit of The Tech Board.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

....just doesn't get it.....

:dunno:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:01 pm
....just doesn't get it.....:dunno:
We KNOW you are all Butthurt over being exposed as such an Ignorant Ass, hillsy,... :dunno:

But you STILL keep posting It! :shock:

You,..JUST DON'T GET IT,...you are FAILING MISERABLY....NO ONE buys the Crap you keep posting,...no matter HOW MANY TIMES you post it! :wink:

There IS NO comeback to this:
Designer wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:47 pm
:funnylast: Dude,...you couldn't BE more wronger ,..IF YOU TRIED. :lmao:

Now,...since you mention..."suggesting dumb ideas"....there's nothing more dumber than YOU suggesting LSU Tiger to check electrical switches when his problem is clearly and totally ONLY mechanical!! :lmao:
Designer wrote:
LSU Tiger wrote:

What say you hillsy, Herb & Lechy? :uhh:
hillsy wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:40 pm
hillsy wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:15 pm
Revisit checking the clutch and stand switches. Jumper the wires together on each one then try again.

More importantly the side stand switch

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

:funnylast: Just amazing....

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Acton67
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder VS800

Post by Acton67 »

Man I just wanted to know if I should use grease on my axel or not. I appreciate all the advice. Moving on... :ShitGrinandThumb:

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Acton67 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:07 pm
Man I just wanted to know if I should use grease on my axel or not. I appreciate all the advice. Moving on... :ShitGrinandThumb:
Haha - stuff can get a little skewed around here at times :lmao:

I think we got there in the end though :ShitGrinandThumb:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Acton67 wrote:
sorry about the controversy... Most of the threads don't end up that way.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:43 pm
Acton67 wrote:
sorry about the controversy... Most of the threads don't end up that way.
May I second what Herb has said. :ShitGrinandThumb:

And,...apologize for the Needless Side-show Bickering And Arguments posted by our resident ..."I'm Always Right Because I Am A Mechanic".

We all see from at least Three Tech Threads that lately he has been quite "edgy" , quick to anger and get combative. :dunno:

Please know,...that is NOT The Spirit of Our Tech Board.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:21 am

And,...apologize for the Needless Side-show Bickering And Arguments posted by our resident ..."I'm Always Right Because I Am A Mechanic".

We all see from at least Three Tech Threads that lately he has been quite "edgy" , quick to anger and get combative. :dunno:

Never you, is it?

:lolfall:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:42 am
Never you, is it?
Again we all see hillsy's need to post endless side-show bickering and argument! :roll:

He proves what has been said about him to be right; :dunno:
......And,...apologize for the Needless Side-show Bickering And Arguments posted by our resident ..."I'm Always Right Because I Am A Mechanic".

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:47 am

Again we all see hillsy's need to post endless side-show bickering and argument!
Do you really not see how you started all the arguing in this thread?

The GOOD news is the person who asked for the advice took the RIGHT advice and that has been confirmed by everyone else who has offered their thoughts as well.

The thread is a bit of a mess but at least the advice offered (excluding Never Seize) is correct :cheers: