Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Greasing rear & front axels?

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:40 pm
Designer wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:47 am
Again we all see hillsy's need to post endless side-show bickering and argument!
Do you really not see how you started all the arguing in this thread?
You started the argument right here;
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13531&start=8
hillsy wrote:
The GOOD news is the person who asked for the advice took the RIGHT advice and that has been confirmed by everyone else who has offered their thoughts as well.
Yes, he could very well be using the Water-Proof Grease I had recommended,..but you keep ignoring that I did recommend a Grease.
hillsy wrote:
The thread is a bit of a mess but at least the advice offered (excluding Never Seize) is correct
Wrong,...Never-seize can work juuuuust fine. I have seen that it is more Water Resistant than a light grease is. And,...you did keep ignoring that CAN be an issue.

You even Agree that Never-seize could be used right here;
hillsy wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:18 pm
Designer wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:22 am
Well,...not always. As I mentioned,...the water from Rain Riding had worked it's way into the small area between the Axle and the Spacers/Rear Brake Mounting Bracket, etc. and had removed the grease put there. Again,....tell us all,...what are any negatives so bad that would preclude using Water-proof Grease or Water-proof Never-Seize against the unknown possibilities mentioned?

You could use pretty much anything on the axles if you really wanted to
- but grease is the preferred / recommended choice.

Seems the only thing you have against it was,..."it is messy". :dunno:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

OK so you seem to want to keep arguing on this thread. The OP has the right info so I'll keep playing....
Designer wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:50 pm
As I mentioned,...the water from Rain Riding had worked it's way into the small area between the Axle and the Spacers/Rear Brake Mounting Bracket, etc. and had removed the grease put there.
I'm actually calling bullshit on rain washing away grease from the axle. I've said this before that the axle resides in a SEALED environment as it sandwiches the spacers and bearings together - and there is NO WAY you could get enough RUNNING water in that space to remove the grease from the axle. Unless there is something seriously wrong with the way the spacers are installed or there's been drainage holes drilled in them....or some non-standard set-up.

Can you explain your set-up perhaps? Are you talking about some custom set-up? Because in a standard set-up (if it's installed correctly) you will not get running water going through the axle cavity.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

:bang: :bang:
:popcorn:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:09 pm
OK so you seem to want to keep arguing on this thread. The OP has the right info so I'll keep playing....
So sorry,....but my making sure your assaulting Lies and Innuendos do not stand is NOT argument.
What we see is YOU that wants to keep on with your needless Side-show Bickering. :dunno:

You Prove Me Right with not only wanting to bicker about you starting the arguments,.....but now with with this message right here;
hillsy wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:09 pm
I'm actually calling bullshit on rain washing away grease from the axle. I've said this before that the axle resides in a SEALED environment as it sandwiches the spacers and bearings together - and there is NO WAY you could get enough RUNNING water in that space to remove the grease from the axle. Unless there is something seriously wrong with the way the spacers are installed or there's been drainage holes drilled in them....or some non-standard set-up. Can you explain your set-up perhaps? Are you talking about some custom set-up? Because in a standard set-up (if it's installed correctly) you will not get running water going through the axle cavity.
Firstly,...It is not a a "sealed environment"......Why is because there are no "Seals" between the Swingarm, the Brake Mounting Arm, the Spacer, and the Spacer-to Bearing Joints. As everyone knows,...it is all metal-to-metal contacts. :dunno:
Right there, you display your lack of knowledge of the situation. :uhh:

It is rather Sad that you do not understand what the terms you use really mean,.... and thus,....are misleading others by doing so.

Second,..what I say here, shows even MORE of your lack of experience regarding the situation involved with Water Intrusion;
Designer wrote:
Well,...not always. As I mentioned,...the water from Rain Riding had worked it's way into the small area between the Axle and the Spacers/Rear Brake Mounting Bracket, etc. and had removed the grease put there.

Seems your Lack of Riding Experience(s) in a Climate where one can have Repeated Instances wherein they end up riding just about all day long,.... in pouring rain,... that leaves substantial standing puddles,...all that getting kicked up almost constantly,.... all over the Rear Axle/Brake,......which makes for a near constant water contact.....is probably why we see you on this,.."Don Quixote attack"... of MORE of your Side-show, Straw-man Argument.

Now,.....TO GET BACK TO THE POINT I asked of you ( that are Dancing Around)....the one about the use of Never-seize
Designer wrote:
Again,....tell us all,...what are any negatives so bad that would preclude using Water-proof Grease or Water-proof Never-Seize against the unknown possibilities mentioned?
Seeing as how you are trying to pass yourself off as some sort of,..."Truth Crusader"...for the OP,. :roll: ..............Tell us,.....

What Harmful Effects To The Functioning/Safety/Longevity Of The Motorcycle would there be in using Never-Seize on the axle(s) ?

:soda:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:10 am

Firstly,...It is not a a "sealed environment"......Why is because there are no "Seals" between the Swingarm, the Brake Mounting Arm, the Spacer, and the Spacer-to Bearing Joints. As everyone knows,...it is all metal-to-metal contacts. :dunno:
Right there, you display your lack of knowledge of the situation. :uhh:
Oh my God....

Google the Porsche 911 dude.

The first gen engines DIDN'T HAVE HEAD GASKETS. They mated the heads to the cylinder metal to metal.

I don't know how you could think metal to metal contact sealing can't happen... :dunno:

Designer wrote:

Seems your Lack of Riding Experience(s) in a Climate where one can have Repeated Instances wherein they end up riding just about all day long,.... in pouring rain,... that leaves substantial standing puddles,...all that getting kicked up almost constantly,.... all over the Rear Axle/Brake,......which makes for a near constant water contact.....is probably why we see you on this,.."Don Quixote attack"... of MORE of your Side-show, Straw-man Argument.
Again I'm calling bullshit on this. There is NO WAY you could get enough water flowing through the inside of the axle cavity to wash away a coating of grease. Yes you might get an ingress of SOME water but you won't get a flow of water enough to wash away a coating of grease. UNLESS....you have some non-standard set-up or installed the spacers wrong (can't actually fathom how that would be possible but it's YOUR claim....)....or you're riding underwater :dunno:

Designer wrote:

What Harmful Effects To The Functioning/Safety/Longevity Of The Motorcycle would there be in using Never-Seize on the axle(s) ?
We've been over this - it's not an appropriate product to use (application, cost) and it's messy as fuck. Everyone here agrees grease is the better option INCLUDING every workshop manual for every bike ever made..... :dunno:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:29 pm
Designer wrote:
Firstly,...It is not a a "sealed environment"......Why is because there are no "Seals" between the Swingarm, the Brake Mounting Arm, the Spacer, and the Spacer-to Bearing Joints. As everyone knows,...it is all metal-to-metal contacts. :dunno: Right there, you display your lack of knowledge of the situation. :uhh:
Oh my God....Google the Porsche 911 dude.The first gen engines DIDN'T HAVE HEAD GASKETS. They mated the heads to the cylinder metal to metal.
I don't know how you could think metal to metal contact sealing can't happen... :dunno:
what Porsche did is totally and completely irrelevant.....dude. IF it works so well,...then why do BILLIONS of ICE engines in Cars, Trucks, Airplanes, Helicopters, Boats, Busses, Trains, Motorcycles, Lawn mowers, Edge trimmers, ATV's, Etc. use Head Gaskets?

Why, hillsy? :Umm:

hillsy wrote:
Designer wrote:
Again I'm calling bullshit on this. There is NO WAY you could get enough water flowing through the inside of the axle cavity to wash away a coating of grease. Yes you might get an ingress of SOME water but you won't get a flow of water enough to wash away a coating of grease. UNLESS....you have some non-standard set-up or installed the spacers wrong (can't actually fathom how that would be possible but it's YOUR claim....)....or you're riding underwater :dunno:
Poor little hillsy,...You continue to FAIL TO SEE that your limited experiences ARE NOT the Sum Total of what is within THE WORLD OF MOTORCYCLING.

YOU do not Ride in Weather like that,...YOU were not there,...YOU did not know this person,...YOU did not see the evidence....

For the Sake of this Tech Board,.. you had better stop with this,..."I'm a mechanic so I am always right"...shit. :uhh:

You are screwing up MANY Good Threads, dragging them DOWN with this Myopic and Arrogant "Self-righteous Attitude" of yours. (I can post links to them to PROVE IT. )

hillsy wrote:
Designer wrote:
We've been over this - it's not an appropriate product to use (application, cost) and it's messy as fuck. Everyone here agrees grease is the better option INCLUDING every workshop manual for every bike ever made.....
AGAIN with your evasion and bullshit. :roll:

NOTHING you just said addresses what I asked. :dunno: You just repeat you whiny bitching about,. "Messiness".....posting NOTHING OF FACTUAL CONTENT about what I SPECIFICALLY asked for.

With such bullshit as you posted,.......we can only conclude your childish actions mean that.....YOU AGREE THAT NEVER-SEIZE DOES NOT CAUSE ANY HARM TO THE FUNCTIONING/SAFETY/LONGEVITTY OF THE MOTORCYCLE.

You have Lost The Argument,........now go to bed,.........you are FINISHED here. :Cool:

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

:funnylast: Haha - fukn idiot.

You know Armorall is actually a really good treatment for rubber so maybe you should put it on your tyres.

:lmao:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:13 am
:lmao: Haha - I'm a fukn idiot. I see I have lost the argument. So I'll post more of my Factually Bankrupt and Asinine Ridicule to confirm what An Ass I am.

You know Armorall is actually a really good treatment for rubber so maybe you should put it on your tyres.
There,...corrected your message to reflect where you stand now.