new clutch slave gasket failed

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: new clutch slave gasket failed

Post by Designer »

LSU Tiger wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:28 pm
i just checked my oil with the mirror in the shade with the sun shining (about three thirty central time). I could easily see the oil level with the mirror. thanks for the tip. two hundred miles and no apparent oil use after two hundred miles since last oil change with 78,000 on the
odometer.
:ShitGrinandThumb: Yup, lots of Sunlight makes the mirror trick work.

And,..such good news you don't have any oil leak problem. :clap:

Let's see some Pix of your Ride and where you Ride that Bad Boy. :cheers:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

LSU Tiger
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 2000 VS 800 Intruder

Post by LSU Tiger »

I just rode about sixty miles today. came home, parked and put one brick under the kick stand, waited about five minutes and checked the oil level on my knees with a flashlight. it was a little below the upper two marks. went for a twenty minute walk, put a 1x4 (three quarters of an inch height) and a brick (two and two thirds inches) under the kickstand and checked the oil and it was level with the two upper marks. i then checked the bike for level by placing a level on my luggage rack (which was useless because i knew it was level). 78,200 miles.

LSU Tiger
Studying MC Handbook

Post by LSU Tiger »

my vs 800 backfires slightly when i turn it off after my daily ride of about twenty miles. i turned the carb idle screw about a half turn counterclockwise a few days ago and it still cranked good and idled just a little high. today it still backfired slightly so i turned the idle screw about a half turn counterclockwise again. is this why it would be backfiring or is there another possible reason? thanks.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

LSU Tiger wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:26 pm
my vs 800 backfires slightly when i turn it off after my daily ride of about twenty miles. i turned the carb idle screw about a half turn counterclockwise a few days ago and it still cranked good and idled just a little high. today it still backfired slightly so i turned the idle screw about a half turn counterclockwise again. is this why it would be backfiring or is there another possible reason? thanks.
An overly high idle can cause a mild backfire like you have described. As long as it's not overly loud (and you can live with it) it won't harm anything.

If you bring the idle down it should go away but this can affect the charging output. If it was me (and like my 1500 was), I would keep the idle up to keep the charging system happy and just live with the mild backfire when shut off.

LSU Tiger
Studying MC Handbook

Post by LSU Tiger »

ok. thanks very much.