Front Turn Signal Screw...

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: Front Turn Signal Screw...

Post by sgtcall »

I just want to know if the screw is out yet. :bang:
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

sgtcall wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:53 am
I just want to know if the screw is out yet. :bang:
As do I ! Let's hope that all that we have needlessly had to endure hasn't scared him away.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

OP aint coming back - this thread is just another in the long line of threads that has been destroyed by old mate and his butthurt.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:12 am
OP aint coming back - this thread is just another in the long line of threads that has been destroyed by me and my endless butthurt.
corrected it to reflect Reality. Reality proven so by The Truth I have posted about him.

Let's hope that his willful Derailment and Butthurt hasn't scared way another Board Member.

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

A tad late I'm afraid. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Night Stalker
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 2004 Victory Kingpin

Post by Night Stalker »

Designer wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:48 am
Night Stalker wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:09 am
Designer wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:49 pm
hillsy wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:46 pm
And it just never stops.
Yeah. SEVERAL HERE wish you would stop. :uhh:
You could stop replying. That might help these threads from getting crapped up. Let Hilly post his advice and you post yours without all the crap. That would help people more. You are not always right nor is hillsy. If you both respected each other more this childish crap on both your parts would stop. I'll bet I'm not the only one tired of this.
In respect to your observation made. If you would please go back and read from the beginning, my efforts were to help RubyEye. By my directing him to hold off and Not do hillsy's advice of drilling Right Away, ( but to let Penetrating Oil method work first ), I was helping him.
That hillsy got all huffy about my suggestion to not drill first is HIS shortcoming.

hillsy even admitted drilling was .. "the last resort. ....when you've used up all your other options". So why would he get bent out of shape when I said to hold off? :uhh:

Then there is his trying to derail this Thread by thinking my explanation would be,..."entertaining". Any such a technical explanation would not 'entertainment'. Knowing he would make a clown show with my explanation, I saved this Thread from such a BS show by NOT posting what he would most certainly attack endlessly (as he does many a time before) ....because he was all butthurt over my " Don't Drill" ... advice .

The bottom line is,...The Originating Source of the Problem(s) here is,...hillsy and his attitude.

I am not trying to "Always Be Right"...I am trying to Help out Ruby Eye.
Guess you missed the whole point. It wasn't me mom it was Hillsy. I'm the God Almighty perfect mechanic. I never cause trouble with my Bull shit. I don't need to go back to the beginning to see you both were trying to help. You just DIDN'T like what Hillsy suggested. Let people decide who's advice they want to take.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Night Stalker wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:53 pm
Guess you missed the whole point. It wasn't me mom it was Hillsy. I'm the God Almighty perfect mechanic. I never cause trouble with my Bull shit.
Seems you have missed the point.
It is TRUE that it was hillsy that started the derailment of this thread ...and I can prove it.
As to the rest of what you said ?....purely contrived ASS-uming ASS-umptions on your part.

I had thought it would be possible to discuss this with you,..but you show us instead that you prefer posting the same displays of personal-attack Contrived Mental Imaginings as does hillsy.

Night Stalker wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:53 pm
I don't need to go back to the beginning to see you both were trying to help. You just DIDN'T like what hillsy suggested. Let people decide who's advice they want to take.
Again with your ASS-umptions. It has nothing to do with my feelings about what hillsy posted. It has entirely to do with what would be easiest for RubyEye. hillsy's suggestion said drilling would be easier. However, Drilling is NOT easier than letting Penetrating Oil loosen the Bolt and turning it out.

Apparently you refuse to acknowledge what hillsy has said about his Drilling Suggestion. Here,...let me remind you of what you so ardently are ignoring.
Designer wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:48 am
That hillsy got all huffy about my suggestion to not drill first is HIS shortcoming.

hillsy even admitted drilling was .. "the last resort. ....when you've used up all your other options". So why would he get bent out of shape when I said to hold off? :uhh:
Please consider all this.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

So you wanna keep going? May as well because the thread is fucked anyway....

I said it might be easier just to drill the head off the screw.

You said that wouldnt work.

I said explain why that wouldnt work.

You turned it into another crusade....and still haven't explained why it wouldnt work. I can only assume you dont know what you are talking about.

But you are not the problem here, eh?

Night Stalker
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Night Stalker »

:bang: :bang: :confused:

Night Stalker
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Night Stalker »

Designer let me sum this up. You could take a day or two and use penetrating spray and hope it breaks loose. Might work might not. If it does not work you are going to take a few different size drill bits and drill out the screw head. Done right and you can still use the mount on the fork. pull out the rubber mount replace it and the screw. Now it depends on if you want to take a few days soaking or a few hours to drill off the head. You are going to need to replace the screw anyway because it is bunged up. Now do you see both ways will work? Hopes this helps. :ShitGrin: There done with no crude remarks. By the way drilling off a screw head is something I have had to do a few times. It will work. See you both were right.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Night Stalker wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:29 pm
Designer let me sum this up. You could take a day or two and use penetrating spray and hope it breaks loose. Might work might not. If it does not work you are going to take a few different size drill bits and drill out the screw head. Done right and you can still use the mount on the fork. pull out the rubber mount replace it and the screw. Now it depends on if you want to take a few days soaking or a few hours to drill off the head. You are going to need to replace the screw anyway because it is bunged up. Now do you see both ways will work? Hopes this helps. :ShitGrin: There done with no crude remarks. By the way drilling off a screw head is something I have had to do a few times. It will work. See you both were right.
Impressive summation! :clap: Classy response. :ShitGrinandThumb:

And to clarify what both you and hillsy recently posted. I didn't say drilling would not work. I said this;
Designer wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:02 pm
hillsy wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:15 pm
Might be easier to drill the head off the screw - I take it you are replacing the indicator?
RubyEye. You will most likely not have to go through all the work that this would create.
As a response to the "suggested notion" that it would be 'easier' to drill it out now, instead of trying what I know works well.
How I know it has a high likelihood of success is that the parts show virtually no rust. coupled with what I know about the parts where the threaded portions are stuck.

For RubyEye to have just resorted to Drilling Right Away and Not Try Other Options First goes in Direct Conflict with what was said by this Board Member:
hillsy wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:48 pm
Herb wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:30 pm
drilling out the head is absolutely the last resort.
Of course its the last resort..... It will work... when you've used up all your other options.

Night Stalker
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Night Stalker »

Designer wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:40 am
hillsy wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:29 pm
It doesn't screw into the mount - it screws into the indicator stem.
Yes, I knew that.

Which is Big Reason why your suggestion of drilling off the Screw Head a faulty suggestion.
HERE ARE YOUR WORDS." Which is Big Reason why your suggestion of drilling off the Screw Head a faulty suggestion." Not a faulty suggestion because it will work, as you also stated. First you make one statement then another. Are you a politician? :wink: It depends on a persons time line. Possibly wait a day or two or have the entire job done in a few hours if you have the parts waiting. Please don't slam a persons suggestions because you don't like them. It was a suggestion just like yours was.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Night Stalker wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:36 am
Designer wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:40 am
hillsy wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:29 pm
It doesn't screw into the mount - it screws into the indicator stem.
Yes, I knew that. Which is Big Reason why your suggestion of drilling off the Screw Head a faulty suggestion.
HERE ARE YOUR WORDS." Which is Big Reason why your suggestion of drilling off the Screw Head a faulty suggestion." Not a faulty suggestion because it will work, as you also stated. First you make one statement then another. Are you a politician? :wink: It depends on a persons time line. Possibly wait a day or two or have the entire job done in a few hours if you have the parts waiting. Please don't slam a persons suggestions because you don't like them. It was a suggestion just like yours was.
Respectfully submitted,...My saying it is a faulty suggestion is being misconstrued you. I said that not because drilling would not work (your words not mine).
I said that because of what Herb had said.
Herb wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:30 pm
drilling out the head is absolutely the last resort. That screw goes into the main mount and the way it fits together it would have to be drilled all the way down to the part it goes into making it impossible to get the screw out of the mount and making the mount unusable. I doubt that would be a desirable outcome.

Soaking in PB Blaster and then using the impact wrench, with the largest bit I could get to fit, would be the first thing I would try. If that doesn't work I would use a small chisel, 1/8-1/4 In, on the edge working to turn the screw out.

I have an impact driver attachment for my Black and Decker drill and have had some good luck with it. Again use PB Blaster for a couple of days then use the largest bit that will fit in the screw on the impact. hold as tight as possible and just hit it a little at a time.
As can be clearly seen.....by my saying "Faulty" it does NOT equal "will not work".

And Please,..... do not keep posting that also faulty conclusion that I posted as I did because,..."I do not like a persons suggestion".

I have clearly stated SEVERAL TIMES NOW that which you persist in ignoring.
Designer wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:34 pm
......It has nothing to do with my feelings about what hillsy posted. It has entirely to do with what would be easiest for RubyEye.

hillsy's suggestion said drilling would be easier.

However, Drilling is NOT easier than letting Penetrating Oil loosen the Bolt and turning it out.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

You're wasting your time Night Stalker - he'll just keep posting his BS about how he's never wrong.

It never ends....

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Yo,
It may be time to move this thread over to the Bitchin Ring.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

sgtcall wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:54 pm
Yo, It may be time to move this thread over to the Bitchin Ring.
Maybe,...but I respectfully submit.

Though agreement is as yet to be achieved ,...it seems to me that Night Stalker's approach results in he and I having a Reasonable Discussion of The Facts surrounding the posted suggestion(s) made herein.

And though RubyEye has not posted here as yet, I have extended to him Your Question about his success in getting the Bolt out via an E-mail.

While what We are currently posting herein may not be making suggested solutions to RubyEye,...what I do see is Ongoing Discussion of the Constructive Viability of what any suggestion(s) might/could be made here in the Tech Board,......... and the reasoning for/not doing them.

The Point Being,.....It is becoming ever more clear that,...not ALL suggested "solutions" are worthy of consideration,.. given The Context of the Stated Problem of the OP.

I say this discussion is a Heathy One,.... not only to the Tech Board's accuracy,...but also to the helpfulness to others. :bow:

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

:ShitGrinandThumb:

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

:OhNo;

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Hey Bronx, where you been? :cheers:

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

navigator wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:25 am
Hey Bronx, where you been? :cheers:
Handling other things and joined some FB Intruder groups.
Seems things have gotten slow on this site and even good used parts are limited.

How've you been brother? :cheers: