Clutch lever has no pressure

bceltics
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 800

Clutch lever has no pressure

Post by bceltics »

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2002 Suzuki Intruder VS800. Yesterday after leaving the key in the ignition by accident; the battery died. Conversely, the clutch lever now has no pressure / pull to it. I was able to trickle charge the battery and start the bike, but when going to shift into 1st it would stall.

My guess is that these two issues were unrelated, but just weird timing? I plan on refilling and bleeding the clutch fluid today to see if that fixes the clutch lever problem.

Thanks in advance for your help!

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: CB450 GL1500CT

Re: Clutch lever has no pressure

Post by WintrSol »

Yeah, no connection.

You might take off the cover over the slave cylinder, and look for fluid leaks. If none, it could be the flexible lines starting to leak.

When bleeding, put a brick under the stand, turn the bars hard right, and if that doesn't get the banjo fitting on the reservoir a bit lower than the master cylinder, loosen the screws that hold the reservoir and lever, and slide until the fitting is lower. That way, you can get the trapped air out of that fitting by SLOWLY squeezing the lever, hold a while, then letting it snap back, pulling the bubbles with it. Watch for bubbles in the res as you wiggle the lever a bit, and repeat.

Oh, and make sure you cover everything painted or polished, so the fluid doesn't stain anything. I keep a spray bottle of clean water handy, to rinse off the inevitable splashes.
Florissant, MO
CB450K3, GL1500CTValkyrie