Fires on one cylinder.

Justin87
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki intruder vs 800

Fires on one cylinder.

Post by Justin87 »

I have a 2001 Suzuki intruder VS 800. I have been riding this bike for 2 years now. Have always had a weak spark in rear cylinder. The continuous dump of unused fuel in the cylinder washed the rings out and caused oil consumption. Over time the oil burn got worse to the point the. Cylinder would no longer fire and when it did it would billow out white smoke. Two months ago I did a motor swap from a 1999 suzuki intruder. After rebuild, road bike for about a week when the FRONT cylinder started cutting on and off. Off in the lower rpms and on in the higher rpms. Not the best route but I have replaced.... wiring harness from the tank down, two new plugs, two new plug coils, new fuse box and fuses, new stator and signal generator, and replaced the the ignition box under rear seat with another used one. Still same problem. Wint hit in front cylinder in low rpms and cuts on when I throw the juice in higher rpms. When I pull front plug out, reconnect to plug boot and lay on cylinder bolt to check for spark during cranking I get shocked in the hand that is on the right handlebar control. I've crawled over this bike multiple times re checking all connections and wires for exposures. And have found nothing. It stumps me how I have the problem with the rear cylinder, do motor swap and now it's doing it to the front cylinder. I love my bike but causes me lots of stress. I obviously need help. I've checked ALL WIRES from the handlebar controls down. I k ow the cylinder is getting fuel because it comes out the pipe when it's running. Also the other day I got the bike to hit on both cylinders during idle but turned back off when taking for a test ride. Idk what else to do. This is my only form of transportation and have not been able to get to work properly for over a month. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thankyou

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Re: Fires on one cylinder.

Post by Lechy »

Try new plug caps, cut 1/4" off the HT leads. Then check the pulse wires where they enter the alternator cover, they tend to get heat hardened and can break internally.

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Fires on one cylinder.

Post by navigator »

Have you synced the carbs?