New battery suggestions

Blastedmedia
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 1986 VS700 Intruder

New battery suggestions

Post by Blastedmedia »

So the time has come to get a new battery for the 700... Tested bad today :( So what do you guys suggest as a good replacement

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Re: New battery suggestions

Post by Jolsen »

Gbat

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

How long you plan to keep the bike?A Gbat sounds good if you plan to not trade or let go unrode lots of days in a row.I have never had even a cheap battery not last warrenty time.Most battery miles for me was the over 82,000 in less than four years on my 1500 Nomad.It never had a charger,jump,or any thing and started every time even in single didgets.Saw it a year after I sold it and he said still same battery.
Feel most are better now as in old days my Harleys seemed to go through one every year or two.My big 1700 Star is on its third in 44,000 and is a 04 model.700 is a old bike make sure all charge system is ok before spending a lot on a battery.Good luck.

Blastedmedia
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 1986 VS700 Intruder

Post by Blastedmedia »

Thanks for the input. I though about the gbat. Just looking for input. I've just fully overhauled my electrical system. And took the battery to be tested while I had it out. It was dated 2006 so I think it for more than a good run out of it