Another question

Bobbersrule
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: Vs1400

Another question

Post by Bobbersrule »

Ok have a question, while cleaning battery wires & earth ground, decided to take off side cover for air filter & check filter (no i never checked them before now.... I know I know, shush) so i was surprised to find a k&n drop in filter, not the stock filter, but the bike has stock muffs on it, so i haven't looked yet, but I bet front has a k&n in it too.....so is this ok with stock muffs & by looks & the way it runs, I would say carbs are not rejetted, again is this going to be ok, & if i go to aftermarket muffs, I will have to rejet, correct????

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: CB450 GL1500CT

Re: Another question

Post by WintrSol »

Check your spark plug color, to see if you are running leaner than it should; with stock air boxes, however, it shouldn't have shifted too much to the lean side. Your plugs will tell.
Florissant, MO
CB450K3, GL1500CTValkyrie

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

What is the bike doing that leads you to believe it is not running right / needs re-jetting? Backfiring? Popping on decel? Weak acceleration?

Some filters are drop in and go without requiring jetting changes - especially with an unchanged exhaust.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

I didn't see where he alluded to anything about the bike not running right, just a question asking if you might need to Rejet.

Since you mention nothing about Backfiring, Popping on decel, Weak acceleration, I see no reason even think to mess with anything like re-jetting.

It might behoove you to get a K & N "Recharger Kit" so you can clean them and re-oil them though.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!