Nothing turns ON

Ed Monterrey
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: s83 2005

Nothing turns ON

Post by Ed Monterrey »

Hello to all,

I have a problem and I totally lost.

Bike was working fine and after I turn off for went to work then I turn on the key and no lights, no power, even the Green neutral light and red one get on.

I check the battery and it have 12.9 V, cables are tight and ok.

I check the fuses and are ok.

I have 12.9 V in the selenoid and when turn on the key it drops to around 3 V so changed for a new one but still the same, I think may be a shortcut but I dont have idea where to star to check.

Any on of you been with some similiar or someone can help me.

Thak you.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Nothing turns ON

Post by navigator »

Pull your battery out and top off the cells with distilled water ( if it is not sealed) then charge it, then have it load tested.
Many auto supply stores can do this.
Chances are your battery needs replacement.
You can have 12.9 volts but not sufficient amperage.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Check the output from the switch. One day I rode to work and the switch would not turn the engine off. Took the day off and rode home, still wouldn't turn off. Pulled the switch and took it apart, the inside was broken and it would not move with the key.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

stillrolling
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder VS1400

Post by stillrolling »

my daughter's 800 did the same thing. I checked the battery connections and they seemed fine. The bike would turn on but as soon as I hit the start button, everything would turn off. I'd let it sit for a day or two and it would do the same thing. I chased down all sorts of wires. Nothing. Just for the heck of it I put a wrench on the cables. I got a half turn on the ground cable. Nothing special but, it is fixed. So, don't just wiggle the wires to see if they are tight, actually put a wrench on it and tighten them down. Worked for me just last week.......

dwd58
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: 2005 s83

Post by dwd58 »

Cables on battery will seem tight, but just not tight enough. I took mine off and put lock tight on them as a preventive measure, and just doing that killed the power to the whole bike. Took them off and removed the lock tight and used the star washer trick that is described here many places, and everything worked fine. I would never have guessed it, but a little lock tight shut the whole system down.

Ed Monterrey
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: s83 2005

Post by Ed Monterrey »

Hello,

I took the battery to load test and was bad, so I got a new battery and I hope with this all fixed.

tomorrow I will install the battery and check.

Thanks you !!

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Ed Monterrey wrote:Hello,

I took the battery to load test and was bad, so I got a new battery and I hope with this all fixed.

tomorrow I will install the battery and check.

Thanks you !!
Let us know. [emoji106]
Star washers on the terminals is a GREAT idea.