Dynatek 3000

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Dynatek 3000

Post by Forge »

I’ve got an ‘05 S83 and am running K&N drop ins with the rubber snorkel intakes removed (boxes and box to carb boots intact, only the rubber boots that were inserted in the airbox covers were removed). I am also running Vance & Hines Classic 2 slip ons, factory headers, and the Dynojet Stage 1 kit with oem jet sizes and the needles are set to the 3rd position from the top per Dynojet tech support recommendations. I drilled the slides per Dynojet’s instructions.(Please no flaming) My carbs are whistle clean and well synced. I’ve installed an inline 5/16” fuel filter from the lower petcock to the fuel pump in order to make sure her carbs stay clean. Designer springs are installed. I also have a Dynatek 3000 installed set to 6,500 rpm limit and advance curve 3.

This is my question. If anyone else is running a similar setup, have you played with the different advances and which did you like more and why? Has anyone done real testing? Advance 3 gives more advance earlier but stops advancing earlier. Curve 4 delivers slower but continues to a higher rpm. When I was running my old Pontiac Firebirds, those engines were known for lower end torque, so I always went with a faster ignition advance to enhance what the motors naturally did. That’s why I have been using Curve 3 on my 1400.

Please let me know your experiences with the Dynatek on your 1400. :cheers:
Arthritis sucks!

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Re: Dynatek 3000

Post by jonnycando »

I'm using Curve 3 myself....I found the other curves were best for realms I don't ride in. And curve 3 suits the way I ride just fine.

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Re: Dynatek 3000

Post by Forge »

I had been running curve 3 and just tried curve 4. I only took her around the block and around the neighborhood, but she seems to be accelerating much harder. I’m going for a ride this weekend, so I’m looking forward to trying her out with this setting.
Arthritis sucks!