one cylinder?

Luis_o_98
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: s83

one cylinder?

Post by Luis_o_98 »

would it hurt anything if i rode the bike on one cylinder for a few days. my car is down waiting on parts and the rear carb on the bike isnt working right and im waiting on parts for that too. so would it hurt anything to ride the bike on one cylinder for a few days till i can get my car back up and running. got to get to school and work :bang:

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Re: one cylinder?

Post by Forge »

You wanting to pretend you’re riding a Harley?
Arthritis sucks!

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Not exactly great for it, but if you ride easy it should be ok.

I rode mine 40 miles to work and 60 miles home once when a spark plug went bad. Just don't push it too hard.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: CB450 GL1500CT

Post by WintrSol »

I'd guess it depends on what the rear carb is actually doing. If it's not feeding fuel (dry spark plug), it will do less harm, if any, than if it is so rich it can't fire (wet spark plug). If the plug is wet, then so is the piston and rings, washing the oil into the crankcase. If it's because the float doesn't, you can put a small sponge under the float, to keep the valve closed.
Florissant, MO
CB450K3, GL1500CTValkyrie

Luis_o_98
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: s83

Post by Luis_o_98 »

so pulled off the boot to the rear carb and saw it was leaking out from there. so I sprayed carb cleaner into the opening while the engine was running. bike runs a lot better now :rag: