Highway pegs

Pvt_Nemesis
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2006 S83 Boulevard

Highway pegs

Post by Pvt_Nemesis »

Hi All
I don't have the money yet for forward controls but thought I could at least to for highway pegs until then. These (below) look great and are designed to go on engine guards but I want to mount them direct to the frame;
- They would be reversed...so right hand image on left side frame to angle forward past the exhaust.
- Tilted downward...to provide a small rail to keep my foot off the exhaust pipe
- About 110mm from centre of footpeg pivot to outer edge of frame tube

Has anyone done this? encountered any problems?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-32mm-Sh ... SwpHlZbGB5
Ya hya chouhada!

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: CB450 GL1500CT

Re: Highway pegs

Post by WintrSol »

You might consider adding a 'universal' heat shield to the pipe your leg passes closest to. I put hwy pegs on my VS800 (on engine guards), and the wind would blow my pants leg against the pipe. A heat shield stopped this happening.
Florissant, MO
CB450K3, GL1500CTValkyrie

Baysideintruder
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 1992 VS 800

Post by Baysideintruder »

I wasn't sure if I would like highway pegs so I bought the $17 cheepo "SUZUKI" ones that go on the engine guard.
Now I know why everyone has them. I can put the bottom of my foot on them and that gives me another position which is great but with my knees still bent I still feel a bit cramped ( I am 5'11" ). I like to stretch my legs out straight and rest the back of my boot across the top of the peg. This is by far the best position for me. I feel like it changes my body geometry and I can feel the pressure unload from my back. It feels like I am at home on my recliner chair. I am hoping the frame mount will give you the same luxury. I am already searching for an upgraded pair.
Good luck and ride safe my brother.
:rock:

Pvt_Nemesis
Learning My Moped

Post by Pvt_Nemesis »

Thanks heaps fellas - hadnt considered trouser legs getting cooked! Heat shield added to the list. Kinda like these - with flames aligned to gas flow lol;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-piece-Motorc ... 0752.m1982
Ya hya chouhada!

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: CB450 GL1500CT

Post by WintrSol »

Those are similar to the one I had by the right foot peg (I had Jardine slip-ons); you have to watch those sharp corners. I had a straight, smooth shield on the header; nothing to snag on it, and it looked like it belonged.
Florissant, MO
CB450K3, GL1500CTValkyrie

Pvt_Nemesis
Learning My Moped

Post by Pvt_Nemesis »

Point taken :lol:
Ya hya chouhada!