Jetting opinions

Jvogt89
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 01 suzuki intruder vs1400

Jetting opinions

Post by Jvogt89 »

Hey guys,
So I am doing a complete teardown and cleaning of the carbs and a few upgrades soon. Was just wondering what some of you with experience would recommend for me. I have an 01 1400 and have slip on exhaust with lollipops ATM and will be getting k and n drop ins for her. What are your opinions on whether to remove lollipops or not, and jet recommendations to try eg. Just upgrading needles or doing full jet kit altogether? And what size jets?

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Re: Jetting opinions

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Leave lolipops in.
Jet sizes can vary depending on your environment and elevation too.. Not just intake and exhaust choice.

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Post by Forge »

For stock, unmodified airboxes with K&N drop ins and aftermarket pipes, you can go with the Dynojet stage 1 kit. It uses the stock jets which are large enough and comes with adjustable height needles. You can probably get away with only adjusting the fuel screws instead of using the jet kit, but it depends on what you want. The jet kit will give you more power, but at the cost of mileage. If mileage is a concern, then use the stock needles and adjust the fuel screws.
Arthritis sucks!

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Get the bike running first with all the stuff you want to do then ride it. It could be ok.

Cv carbs are very accommodating to a point.