Handlebars

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Handlebars

Post by Forge »

I have an '05 S83 with the factory Boulevard drag bar and risers. I would like a little more width on my bars with a little more pull back. Has anyone switched bars utilizing the stock Boulevard risers with something that you don't have to extend the cables and controls ? I would like something in between the '05 drag bar and pre '04 buckhorns but want to avoid changing control cables, lines, and risers.
Arthritis sucks!

Pvt_Nemesis
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2006 S83 Boulevard

Re: Handlebars

Post by Pvt_Nemesis »

Cables will only give 1"-2" more length mate.
In your case that probably means height OR width, but not both. I want height so I'm machining a pair of spacers to extend the risers 1" as discussed here; http://www.intruders-alert.com/viewtopi ... =10&t=7563
Ya hya chouhada!

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Try this link. I may help you find something you can use.

http://sideroadcycles.com/importedmotor ... rsOne.html

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Forge »

sgtcall wrote:Try this link. I may help you find something you can use.

http://sideroadcycles.com/importedmotor ... rsOne.html
Thanks for the link. I found that site and had been contemplating the drag bars that were oem on the Honda Shadow 750 Spirit. They show 29 inches wide vs the Boulevard 26 inches and 7 inches of pullback vs the Boulevard 6". Based on what was said above, that may still be too much of a stretch.
Arthritis sucks!

Pvt_Nemesis
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2006 S83 Boulevard

Post by Pvt_Nemesis »

Hey Forge - my apologies mate. I opened the headlight today (to install Kiwav mirrors with integrated LED turn signals) and found about 50=75mm length to the handlebar looms tucked inside. SO...Im now looking at a 2" extension to the risers as I originally hoped for and that means you may be able to get the change you wanted.
Ya hya chouhada!

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Forge »

Pvt_Nemesis wrote:Hey Forge - my apologies mate. I opened the headlight today (to install Kiwav mirrors with integrated LED turn signals) and found about 50=75mm length to the handlebar looms tucked inside. SO...Im now looking at a 2" extension to the risers as I originally hoped for and that means you may be able to get the change you wanted.
Thanks for that info. I have purchased a set of bars and risers from an ‘02 1400 as well as a new set of Kuryakyn ISO grips and ISO throttle grip paddles. I still have yet to do the swap. I’m toying with using the new bars with the S83 risers but haven’t decided yet. I’ll have to mount each one and see how I like them. I still need to order the Spiegler front brake line. Maybe I’ll take on this project sometime within the next couple of weeks. I’ll post what I come up against.
Arthritis sucks!

Whisperingwayne
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2006 s83 boulevard

Post by Whisperingwayne »

Any updates on your new bars? Im thinking of doing a similar swap. I would like to see how they look.

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Forge »

Whisperingwayne wrote:Any updates on your new bars? Im thinking of doing a similar swap. I would like to see how they look.
Sorry, I still haven’t done the swap. I picked up another bike and will probably be selling my S83.
Arthritis sucks!