Hurricane Irma....

1sttightwad
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2008 Suzuki s83

Hurricane Irma....

Post by 1sttightwad »

I sincerely hope any members in the path of this monster made it with their family, pets and valuables safely.. Niece and nephew from Tampa rolled into my sis's house this morn in Dasher, Ga. .. They think their house will be flooded.. Damn.. Hopefully those evacuating will have better outcomes. May God Bless everyone.. My yard is surrounded by large trees so I am moving my Tacoma and S83 to the next door neighbors yard with fewer and smaller trees.. Just hope we ALL dodge the bullet. Dave

Spacecoast
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Yamaha FZ-09 Suzuki S83

Re: Hurricane Irma....

Post by Spacecoast »

The first original path of Irma affecting the east coast would have brought it into my area. Now it's on the other side (west coast) and yes looks like Tampa will take a major hit. Hoping and praying that the damage will be minimal.

1sttightwad
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2008 Suzuki s83

Post by 1sttightwad »

Spacecoast. Glad you were on the "safer" side of the state.. About 3.00 AM this morn I had just laid down to catch some needed rest and then BAM.. A pecan tree limb came through the roof and through the bathroom ceiling extending about 6 feet into the room within 18 inches of where he was washing his hands. Talk about near misses.. 2 tours in Nam and a damn limb almost takes him out. Thank God I still have my best friend and brother, Joe. Dave

Pegdragger
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2005 S83 Boulevard

Post by Pegdragger »

Hopefully No Bikes drowned. LOL that salt is nasty stuff.
:putput: Instagram - pegdragger . Uncorked vs1400 stage 3. Progressive fork springs. 12" rear shocks. Custom made handle bars, blinker housings, seat, drag pipes. Designer springs. Ride 1k in a day . blue ridge, tail of the dragon from Vermont 2x. Yellow stone, estes park, million dollar hwy, moab, window rock, grand canyon, death valley, serria Nevada's, US rt66, US rt 50 rider.

Spacecoast
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Yamaha FZ-09 Suzuki S83

Post by Spacecoast »

Our power came on about an hour ago. For being away from the storm center we still took quite a beating since we were on the east side of the hurricane, usually referred to as the "dirty side". Lost two oak trees in the back area of our lot, and the yard debris for my "country" neighborhood is absolutely staggering. Some of the folks that are near the bird marsh and canal are flooded. I've never worried about flooding before, and for our home we didn't come close, but it was a hell of a storm with about 12" of rain and for a brief period our street was flooded with water moving quickly to the drainage runouts. Didn't sleep a wink during the night, and from midnight to about 3am it was quite intense with a lot of "thudding" noises (which were heavy limbs hitting the ground). We lost power about 8pm, so we huddled in the laundry room for about an hour when we got tornado warning via hard-line phone. No damage to our home, and didn't see any wind damage to any others. Not an experience I want to repeat.