Designer Springs First Impressions

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Designer Springs First Impressions

Post by Forge »

I finally got around to installing my Designer Spring set and want to post my first impressions. Installation was a snap. I did them one at a time in a criss cross fashion so that I didn't have to keep up with which went where. I ran them in with a socket held in my hand and then went back and torqued, and double checked the torque in the same criss cross fashion. I went ahead and changed the oil and filter while I was there and took her out for a 20 mile city and highway shakedown run.

The first thing I noticed was that the clutch lever does take more force to pull in. That was totally expected because of installing stiffer springs. No biggie to me.

The second thing I noticed was that now my clutch is starting to engage about halfway through letting out the lever instead of most of the way out. That may be totally worth this mod alone.

The third thing I noticed is that she is definitely more throttle to speed responsive! Poppy LIKES!!! :rock:

In my opinion, for the money, this is a great bang for the buck mod and is completely worth it. I am definitely a happy customer and cannot recommend the Designer springs enough. :bow:
Arthritis sucks!

Pvt_Nemesis
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2006 S83 Boulevard

Re: Designer Springs First Impressions

Post by Pvt_Nemesis »

very good to know mate - duly added to my wishlist!
Ya hya chouhada!

JamesC
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by JamesC »

What is the best way to order Designer's springs? I sent him an email but who knows how often he checks it. Summer is coming to an end and I would like to get a set as soon as possible. Any suggestions?

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

JamesC wrote:What is the best way to order Designer's springs? I sent him an email but who knows how often he checks it. Summer is coming to an end and I would like to get a set as soon as possible. Any suggestions?
Shot you couple texts brother.

JamesC
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by JamesC »

Thanks Bro.

Luis_o_98
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: s83

Post by Luis_o_98 »

cant wait for mine(s83) to come in the mail. its already been a week and im fending for em lol. on a side note i swapped out my springs in my vs800 though it was for barnett springs the difference was night and day :rag: