What Happened?

JamesC
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

What Happened?

Post by JamesC »

This morning I went out for a ride and it was wonderful. I hit the highway and really opened her up, getting in some short blasts at 90 mph. She ran like a thoroughbred. I was very happy. When I got back into town, I noticed that when I stopped at a red light, and had the bike in first gear with the clutch pulled in; it would be at idle but every now and then it would dip like it was going to stall (which it never did). When I pulled up to my garage I put it in neutral on the side stand to get off and open the door and she seemed to be idling fine. Anyone know where I should start looking? Throttle cable? Loose ground wire? What do you guys think? Thanks.

JamesC
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Re: What Happened?

Post by JamesC »

Never mind, I think I found the problem. The spark plug for the rear jug was real loose. I just dropped a new set in, and obviously didn't tighten down on it enough. I have to use a deep 18 mm socket, and if I go too tight, it's a pita to get it off the plug.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

I have always found that the spark plug socket in the stock tool kit works best and does not get stuck.

Spacecoast
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Yamaha FZ-09 Suzuki S83

Post by Spacecoast »

sgtcall wrote:I have always found that the spark plug socket in the stock tool kit works best and does not get stuck.
LOL...on my used 2005 S83 I found a note in the tool kit, stuck into the plug socket that said "use socket when changing plugs". Now I know why.