Light Bar

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Light Bar

Post by Forge »

I'm thinking about adding a light bar to my '05 S83. What is everyone running and what do you think of them? I would prefer not to change the front running light/turn signals, but it depends on price. I am considering LED since I just swapped my Headlight bulb with an LED, but wouldn't mind if it isn't.

Thoughts?
Arthritis sucks!

Spacecoast
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Yamaha FZ-09 Suzuki S83

Re: Light Bar

Post by Spacecoast »

I don't ride at night, but I've been thinking about the same idea just to add visibility for other drivers. Saw some on Ebay, but most seemed very generic and difficult to determine how it would work out on the S83. I want a switch so that they don't come on prior to engine start, and I would want the look to be clean...I hope to see a few posts.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

Just an idea. When you get your light bar wire it into your bright light switch so that it kicks off and on with your brights lights. I have mine that way and love it.

Good luck with it.

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Post by Forge »

Any ideas?
Arthritis sucks!

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

Forge wrote:Any ideas?
Not as far as brand. I always buy used bikes that already have a light bar installed. But I did bump this so maybe someone else can help. [emoji106]

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

I don't have any pics, but I bought a generic eBay light bar and some generic H4 bulb'd lamps off eBay as well for my LC. I wired them up to a switch which I mounted on the RHS switchblock. Sourced the power from a plug in the headlight bucket (I assume this was for driving lights).

The lights came with 2 x 55w halogen bulbs. I tried to change to LED ones but they were crap, so I went back to the halogens.

All up it cost be about $80 this way. Not factory - and the mounts for the lights weren't the cleanest looking - but the extra lighting was great on the highway.