Choke issue

Vs1400
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2004 Suzuki 1400 intruder

Choke issue

Post by Vs1400 »

My issue is starting, my bike is cold natured to begin with but my question is this. Is there a way to adjust the choke knob, I have to hold pressure on the knob when starting for a few seconds to get it running and even after I let off the idle doesn't stay where it needs to be. How do I fix this?

Spacecoast
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Yamaha FZ-09 Suzuki S83

Re: Choke issue

Post by Spacecoast »

I would look at the service manual and see if there is an adjustment. I don't know if the cable runs to only one carb or splits off so that both are affected...it would make more sense for both carbs to be affected. There also could be a "tension" adjustment to the knob itself so that it holds its position. When you get low on gas I would pull the tank and trace the function and maybe tighten the cable slack.

Fester78
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 96 intruder

Post by Fester78 »

I have a 96 with a choke knob that turns left and right not in and out. The cable broke and I’m having hard time finding the choke cable online it’s 96 1400 intruder

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Fester78 wrote:I have a 96 with a choke knob that turns left and right not in and out. The cable broke and I’m having hard time finding the choke cable online it’s 96 1400 intruder
Make one with bicycle cable and a soldering iron. I dont think they were ever made to stay on, the mechanism does not support that and any throttle renders the cold start system inoperative.