4 Idiot Lights.. Anyone know the LED replacement?

Dipdog
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder VS1400

Re: 4 Idiot Lights.. Anyone know the LED replacement?

Post by Dipdog »

This is an old thread, but I wound up finding it and just wanted to add what a great fix this is for a common problem on this model! Wish I had done it earlier. If you can change your car lights, you can change the dash lights, and the difference between the OEM halogen bulb and LED is night and day; I can actually see my turn signal now! Only thing you have to be aware of is that, like a previous poster mentioned, you have to use an LED bulb that doesn’t have polarity to replace the turn signal. Otherwise, it will only flash in one direction, right or left turn, depending on which way the bulb is installed. Nom-polarity LED is a little more difficult to find, but I got mine on Amazon without a lot of searching. Replaced the speedo with red LED as well to match the paint; very happy with the results!

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: 4 Idiot Lights.. Anyone know the LED replacement?

Post by sgtcall »

Dipdog wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 2:08 pm
This is an old thread, but I wound up finding it and just wanted to add what a great fix this is for a common problem on this model! Wish I had done it earlier. If you can change your car lights, you can change the dash lights, and the difference between the OEM halogen bulb and LED is night and day; I can actually see my turn signal now! Only thing you have to be aware of is that, like a previous poster mentioned, you have to use an LED bulb that doesn’t have polarity to replace the turn signal. Otherwise, it will only flash in one direction, right or left turn, depending on which way the bulb is installed. Nom-polarity LED is a little more difficult to find, but I got mine on Amazon without a lot of searching. Replaced the speedo with red LED as well to match the paint; very happy with the results!
Welcome! I am glad that worked out for you and hope you can continue to share good information.

Here are a couple of things to check out.

POSTING PICTURES ON INTRUDERS ALERT
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13992

INTRUDER MANUALS AND INFORMATION
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14168
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.