There's a lot of great links to IA we can use.....

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

There's a lot of great links to IA we can use.....

Post by YoDude »

Here's one of my favorites.

Griph's Hard Bag Project

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Re: There's a lot of great links to IA we can use.....

Post by Jolsen »

then why not barrow it?
Griph wrote:
I posted a while back about rigging up a mounting system that would allow me to mount hard bags to the VS1400. After lots of theorizing and waiting for the Tsukayu Patrol bags to come in, I finally came up with a system that works pretty effectively. Since the VS1400 does not have any mounts on the strut for bags, I had to use the existing mounting points with the utilization of coupling nuts, the appropriate bolts, and a stupid amount of washers. I could have rigged up a more effective spacer system, but due to the specific length needed, I just used the washers because I am impatient. I still want to paint the bags so that they will match the bike a little better, but I am content for the meantime. I also posted about mounting 12" apes a little while ago. Finally got those on there as well. If there is interest, I can post more about how I mounted the support brackets.

VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

98VS1400 wrote:Jolsen, do I have your permission to copy over and posts you made in the tech area that might be of use?
Who said anything about needing permission? If it is of use and we give credit to the original poster, then I don't think anyone would get upset. We are just trying to save the info in case IA does go down forever.
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

The reason why I posted the link instead of just the first post of the thread was because it takes you to the original entire complete thread which has follow-ups and more information than just the first post. You'll find people have asked a lot of other questions that get answered later on in the thread, like part numbers, places to buy and that sort of thing.

I think what we're doing is all fine and dandy, but in that, we need to gather all the pertinent data associated with the persons project to keep it as complete in its entirety as possible. I'm not saying we should try to grab every single post from a persons project and try to bring all that over here. That would take many months or even years to accomplish. At the time, it was more work to sift through all the posts to gather it all than I was willing to do because I have a lot of other work to do here.

I have to deal with the board itself, moderate the board, post posts, be funny and a plethora of other stuff. I'm sure you guys understand that it's a lot of work.

Yo-

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

you work on the bored if anyone gets too out of hand we can just pm you. I'm just trying to get at least the most important info here.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Okay then, keep 'em coming!

Yo-