Clutch or brake giving you issues?

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Clutch or brake giving you issues?

Post by YoDude »

Designer wrote these copyrighted, non-plagiarized, super helpful, really top secret and suspense filled tips on the best:

Method for getting all the Air out:

1. In order to make the Reservoir as Level as possible, I turn the Bars over to the right as far as possible. To help get the Bike more vertical, it might help to add some wood under the Kickstand,…but do keep the bike stable. Then Temporarily Relocate the Reservoir on the Bars so that the Banjo Fitting is Lower than the Reservoir Bottom. Do this by Tilting the Reservoir so the Banjo Fitting is Downwards, but the Reservoir is still Level as possible Side-to-Side.

2. Before you take off the Reservoir Cover, be sure to cover the Tank and other Painted Surfaces with Plastic as Brake Fluid is a Good Paint Remover,…..and have several Rags on hand to wipe up any drips and such.

3. Wait 5-10 minutes…..(this makes sure any Micro-bubbles have Migrated to the Top of the System)

4. Then grab a Rag before taking the Reservoir Cover off (so as to be ready to catch any fluid that might spill out.) and remove the Cover.

5. Now this is the Important Part,.......S-L-O-W-L-Y pull the Brake/Clutch Lever all the way in (slowly avoids a Geyser of Fluid that gets all over the place),...…Hold it in and count to 20. Don't cheat and count only to 10 thinking you'll save time. All you will do is delay your Success. Why you are doing this is so as to allow any Micro-Bubbles to Rise back upwards to the Banjo Fitting again. When they do, you are ready to “Pull” them back and out into the Reservoir with the Next Step

6. Then,...Release the Lever Quickly. After you do, look at the Two Tiny Holes in the Bottom of the Reservoir, you might see some Bubbles show up there.

What you just did was to "Pull" any Air Bubbles from the Banjo Fitting Upwards and into the Reservoir (they can get kinda "Stuck" in to Topmost part of the Banjo Fitting,... between the Bolt and the Curved Inside part of the Top of the Banjo Fitting).

7. Next I suggest you pull the Lever “In-and-Out” several times (only 1/2" to 3/4" though,...not all the way!). What this does, I found out, is to help get those Micro-Bubbles to show up at those Tiny Holes in the Reservoir Bottom and come up and out.

Do Steps 5, 6 and 7 several times, and then WAIT again 10 Minutes, (so any bubbles left can rise again)......and repeat this until you get no more bubbles.

When you feel you're done, cover the Reservoir, move it back in place and see what you get.

Designer.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.