Power to coils still no spark

Masonmc
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: Suzuki intruder 1400

Power to coils still no spark

Post by Masonmc »

93 1400... Just put on new stator and ignition coils ...I got power to cdi box main 12v also same wire supplies main power to each ignition coil got power there with bike on not turning over I have power at cdi trigger wires for the coils also power at trigger wire on the coil ....I have power to end of plug wire ...still no spark...is this an internal problem in the cdi box? Or????

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: Power to coils still no spark

Post by Herb »

There is power on both sides of the the ignition coil until the ignition box cuts the ground side connection, which causes the spark. If no spark when cranking the engine but power to the coil, remove the negative coil wire and attach a jumper. with key on you ground the jumper and then remove the ground, you should get a spark every time you remove the ground.

If this happens then you have to find the issue with the ignition box, or the pickups.

BTW, I had an issue with the engine dying when I sat on the seat. Turned out to be the ground wire for the ign box was broken inside the insulation right at the connector.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Masonmc
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Masonmc »

Thanks will try this if works ill order new cid ...I am only getting 7v to end up plug but battery has 12 coils are new and so is the pick up

Masonmc
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Masonmc »

I ordered a new cid box I did that test and had spark order from regulatorrectifier.com has anyone order parts from them? How was the quality?

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I have no idea about the quality of their parts.

I hope you verified all the wiring is good.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.