Can’t hit Neutral when running.

1PaulSilva
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki VS1400 Intruder

Re: Can’t hit Neutral when running.

Post by 1PaulSilva »

I just reassembled everything, I haven’t tried to see if it works yet because I need to go buy more oil. The clutch kit, slave and master are brand new OEM so I would think they’d be the right thickness. I also checked all the pushrods to make sure nothing was bent, adjusted the shift linkage again so hopefully I’ll bleed the system again, forward, reverse, sideways and every which way it takes to get air out, put some fresh oil in and hope for the best.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

1PaulSilva wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:32 pm
I just reassembled everything, I haven’t tried to see if it works yet because I need to go buy more oil. The clutch kit, slave and master are brand new OEM so I would think they’d be the right thickness.
Being OEM, you have the most assurance of them being the correct thickness. :space: And you did soak them in oil for a goodly amount of time.

1PaulSilva wrote:
......I also checked all the pushrods to make sure nothing was bent, ....
So since you reported this symptom....
1PaulSilva wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:59 pm
.......When I pull the Clutch Lever Part No: 23121-38B00 doesn’t move. I can push it in if I try hard enough then it slowly comes back out.
Did the Push Rod do the same things after you re-installed it? ( after you extracted it and checked it to see if it was bent)

1PaulSilva wrote:
.....adjusted the shift linkage again so hopefully I’ll bleed the system again, forward, reverse, sideways and every which way it takes to get air out,
Don't forget to perform this procedure to remove all the Micro-Air Bubbles;
Designer wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:23 pm
If you perform this Technique that removes any and all micro bubbles from the Hydraulic System, you'll save time by not needing to have to bleed the system again;
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

1PaulSilva
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki VS1400 Intruder

Post by 1PaulSilva »

I will report back as soon as I buy oil and bleed the system again my friend. Thank you for all your help