Has anyone done a club style build on their bike?

ImPrevious
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 2005 suzuki boulevard s83

Has anyone done a club style build on their bike?

Post by ImPrevious »

I'm looking to do a club style build with by 05 s83 and I am looking for a fairing. I found one on amazon that's a knock-off Memphis shades road warrior. So far in my looking, I've only found 1 picture of an 800 that someone did in the Netherlands. I know that the headlight needs to be moved forward and custom brackets will need to be made but I just wanted to know if anyone's done it before.

Inspiration image:Image

Fairing :

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: Has anyone done a club style build on their bike?

Post by sgtcall »

Welcome! For any build you need to look at Designers bikes, there are others on here but he posts often.
Designer wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:55 am
Memphis shades is probably your best bet as far as fairings go, but you will have to fabricate some of it.

If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Never heard of "club style" before - but I'm guessing it's a Sons of Anarchy type thing??

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

You should also post pictures of the bike you are working with.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

ImPrevious
Practicing Bicycling

Post by ImPrevious »

this is my 05 boulevard

ncdave
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 97 1400 Intruder

Post by ncdave »

Found this....have not heard the term before.

"Club style comes from the California club style of bikes starting years ago. Typically a dyna with T/MX bars and a quarter fairing. Blacked out but recently painted extremely intricately."

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

ImPrevious wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:28 pm
I'm looking to do a club style build with by 05 s83 and I am looking for a fairing. I found one on amazon that's a knock-off Memphis shades road warrior. So far in my looking, I've only found 1 picture of an 800 that someone did in the Netherlands. I know that the headlight needs to be moved forward and custom brackets will need to be made but I just wanted to know if anyone's done it before.

Fairing :
Seems like the... "club style"....has it's major focus is on the Headlight/Fairing/Bars appearance.
Moving the Stock Headlight forward would require a "spacer" of sorts,....one that will have to be big enough to encapsulate all the Wiring and their Connectors ( and there's alot of it) and keep them out of the Rain/Elements.

I made such an item back before I went with my Thunder Bike Raked Fork on Black Thunder ( my Stock Frame Chopper). :space: I wanted Chrome, so I made it out of a Shower Valve Knob ( of all things! ). :ShitGrin: :space: It was about a 1-3/4" extension . :space: Would that be enough for your Fairing you want to install?

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

ImPrevious
Practicing Bicycling

Post by ImPrevious »

Designer wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:10 am
ImPrevious wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:28 pm

Fairing :
Seems like the... "club style"....has it's major focus is on the Headlight/Fairing/Bars appearance.
Moving the Stock Headlight forward would require a "spacer" of sorts,....one that will have to be big enough to encapsulate all the Wiring and their Connectors ( and there's alot of it) and keep them out of the Rain/Elements.

I made such an item back before I went with my Thunder Bike Raked Fork on Black Thunder ( my Stock Frame Chopper). :space: I wanted Chrome, so I made it out of a Shower Valve Knob ( of all things! ). :ShitGrin: :space: It was about a 1-3/4" extension . :space: Would that be enough for your Fairing you want to install?
That would most likely work well. I don't have a fairing yet as i am still looking. do you happen to have a picture of the bracket?

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

You are going to need forward controls. https://refinedcycle.com/FC4-Forward-Co ... 83-FC4.htm

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

If you need to recover your seat I can recommend this cover. Easy to put on and it is good quality. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224034710276

ImPrevious
Practicing Bicycling

Post by ImPrevious »

sgtcall wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:53 am
If you need to recover your seat I can recommend this cover. Easy to put on and it is good quality. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224034710276
I'm going to take it to a local shop to have it redone. It is a mustang but i think it looks silly. Ill prolly have them copy saddlemans style as I enjoy their seats.

ImPrevious
Practicing Bicycling

Post by ImPrevious »

sgtcall wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:44 am
You are going to need forward controls. https://refinedcycle.com/FC4-Forward-Co ... 83-FC4.htm
I actually bought it with forward controls and i recently took them off. i wasn't a huge fan and they were falling apart. If you look closely, the pegs i have are from the forward control kit as i didn't have the original pegs.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

:ShitGrinandThumb:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

ImPrevious wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:27 am
Designer wrote:
Seems like the... "club style"....has it's major focus is on the Headlight/Fairing/Bars appearance. Moving the Stock Headlight forward would require a "spacer" of sorts,....one that will have to be big enough to encapsulate all the Wiring and their Connectors ( and there's alot of it) and keep them out of the Rain/Elements.

That would most likely work well. I don't have a fairing yet as i am still looking. do you happen to have a picture of the bracket?
Wellsir,...I looked through my "stash" of parts that I took off before installing my Thunderbike Raked Fork,...but couldn't find the Extension Spacer I made. :sad:

However, this is the Shower Faucet Knob I used;

When I saw it, I said,....HEY!. :blink: :space: I measured the spacing between the four "lobes" on it,...and it matched up nicely with the 4 Bolts that mount the Stock Headlight Bucket to the Stock Headlight Mounting Bracket. :clap:

So I cut off the top part of the Knob,...and re-shaped the top (where I just cut it) of remaining part to match the outer curve of the bucket,...using some "Grinder Love". :wink:

Does this help?

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

ImPrevious
Practicing Bicycling

Post by ImPrevious »

Designer wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:06 pm
ImPrevious wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:27 am
Designer wrote:
Seems like the... "club style"....has it's major focus is on the Headlight/Fairing/Bars appearance. Moving the Stock Headlight forward would require a "spacer" of sorts,....one that will have to be big enough to encapsulate all the Wiring and their Connectors ( and there's alot of it) and keep them out of the Rain/Elements.

Wellsir,...I looked through my "stash" of parts that I took off before installing my Thunderbike Raked Fork,...but couldn't find the Extension Spacer I made. :sad:

However, this is the Shower Faucet Knob I used;

When I saw it, I said,....HEY!. :blink: :space: I measured the spacing between the four "lobes" on it,...and it matched up nicely with the 4 Bolts that mount the Stock Headlight Bucket to the Stock Headlight Mounting Bracket. :clap:

So I cut off the top part of the Knob,...and re-shaped the top (where I just cut it) of remaining part to match the outer curve of the bucket,...using some "Grinder Love". :wink:

Does this help?
This helps exponentially, thank you so much

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

ImPrevious wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:07 pm
Designer wrote:
Does this help?
Wait'lll you get my bill!! :space: :shock:

( Just pulling your leg there) :ShitGrin:

ImPrevious
Practicing Bicycling

Post by ImPrevious »

Designer wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:17 pm
ImPrevious wrote:
Designer wrote:
Does this help?

I may be a little low on cash as i just purchased a fairing for it. The only way i can repay is with update pics as i build it. Deal? :ShitGrinandThumb:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

ImPrevious wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:29 pm
Designer wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:17 pm
ImPrevious wrote:
Designer wrote:
Does this help?
I may be a little low on cash as i just purchased a fairing for it. The only way i can repay is with update pics as i build it. Deal? :ShitGrinandThumb:
That's EXACTLY the DEAL I was shooting for! :clap: :ShitGrinandThumb: :cheers:

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

I know you already bought one but a guy on my Triumph forum just recomended the Krator fairings. He got one and loved it. I am not sure which one would fit an Intruder.

https://www.amazon.com/krator-fairing/s ... or+fairing

ImPrevious
Practicing Bicycling

Post by ImPrevious »

sgtcall wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:28 pm
I know you already bought one but a guy on my Triumph forum just recomended the Krator fairings. He got one and loved it. I am not sure which one would fit an Intruder.

https://www.amazon.com/krator-fairing/s ... or+fairing
I did buy a Krator tall fairing. I haven't put it on yet as i am going to be paint matching it. waiting on a warm day. :bang: It should fit pretty well but as all of the reviews have mentioned, custom brackets will need to be made. Id rather cut up a cheaper fairing to test than a Memphis shades